Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possibly Going to buy 2010 Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at the possibility of buying a 2010 Roadster 673 in Twilight Blue and Tan Interior, and have some questions. I currently own a 2018 M3 and very familiar with it and comfortable with my knowledge, but the Roadster is something new. I have also put down my deposit for the MY and thought since I have committed to the Tesla world from Porsche (just sold 3) I found the Roadster a very beautiful car inside and out.
First off I am very confused with whether it is a 1.5 or 2.0, is it a base model (which I think it is) or a Sport model. The following pictures which have me confused about the model. The badging on top of what I assume to be the battery box has "Tesla Roadster Sport", but the rest of the car does not have "Sport" badges on the sides or the rear.
The other item I'm wondering what it means is the other label which is in the upper left corner of the same are states AST. ESS 2.0 - Re-manufactured?
The third picture shows a sticker that states, "Warranty Void if Seal is Broken". Seller has assured me it is not broken!!!

Note: Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I get an error every time I try to up load a picture, so I guess I need help in that area also.

Thanks in advance for help and advice

The 2.0 started with SN 500 in North America, so yours is definitely a 2.0. Sport or not, I don' t know. The display can probably tell you, or perhaps the History thread (Roadster History North America).

If you can, you might grab a copy of the car's logs and check for any diagnostic messages that might better reveal the car's current and past health. Need a 4GB or less USB flash drive. Stick it in the USB slot under the center console. Takes about 15 minutes or so, then look at it with one of the several log parsers. See VMS Log Parser for Tesla Roadster

Good luck!

The third picture shows a sticker that states, "Warranty Void if Seal is Broken". Seller has assured me it is not broken!!!

I believe there is only one more Roadster out there under warranty...

The rest are all out of warranty.

Since you're in Arizona, you're closer to Gruber (in Phoenix) than most of us... So, you might want to hire them to check out...

I am looking at the possibility of buying a 2010 Roadster 673 in Twilight Blue and Tan Interior, and have some questions. I currently own a 2018 M3 and very familiar with it and comfortable with my knowledge, but the Roadster is something new. I have also put down my deposit for the MY and thought since I have committed to the Tesla world from Porsche (just sold 3) I found the Roadster a very beautiful car inside and out.
First off I am very confused with whether it is a 1.5 or 2.0, is it a base model (which I think it is) or a Sport model. The following pictures which have me confused about the model. The badging on top of what I assume to be the battery box has "Tesla Roadster Sport", but the rest of the car does not have "Sport" badges on the sides or the rear.
The other item I'm wondering what it means is the other label which is in the upper left corner of the same are states AST. ESS 2.0 - Re-manufactured?

Note: Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I get an error every time I try to up load a picture, so I guess I need help in that area also.

Thanks in advance for help and advice

The "re-manufactured" on the battery means the battery was replaced at some point, and not with a new one.

My car has the same label, though I was shown the service history which stated that had it replaced in 2015 after irregular test results during the annual service. What the specific test results was not detailed.

I believe there is only one more Roadster out there under warranty...

The rest are all out of warranty.

Since you're in Arizona, you're closer to Gruber (in Phoenix) than most of us... So, you might want to hire them to check out...
There are likely several Roadsters that still have a warranty as my 1.5/3.0. The 3.0 came with a 3 year warranty on the battery and PEM.

• Informative
Reactions: drewski

VIN 673 is a 2010 2.0 Base. The “Roadster Sport” badges on the Power Electronics Module mean that the PEM itself was replaced at some point. The service centers remanufacture the PEMs resulting in the PEM covers being replaced or reused with one that has the Sport logo - despite the vehicle not actually being a Sport motor.

Hope this helps. Side note - I can attest to @shrink likely having one of the nicest Roadsters ever. I would choose his in a heartbeat as a potential buyer.