Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possibly in the market for used Model X, need help please!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I currently own a 2015 P85D with about 49K miles. My vehicle warranty expires in November and the battery and drive unit warranty expires September 2023. I'm torn whether to buy an extended warranty and keep it or sell it for a 2019 or 2020 Model X Long Range Plus. I started looking at the Model X and the average price for a 2020 is about $86K. Is there something I should consider in the model year or version? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I wouldn’t get any tesla older than a 2019. Don’t get the performance the 2020 mx long range has plenty of power and the efficiency on the model x front motor makes a big deal ( it’s a model 3 performance motor) and it’s used 90 % of of the time the rear motor only used on accelerating and regen ..I think the 2020 mx is a great buy and it’s no cabin camera is the best feature if you have a lot of hot weather the efficiency can’t be beat but when its gets cold outside look out the 2020 is horrible compared to the 2022 refresh efficiency and battery range because of the heat pump

Reactions: jonzcfo
I sold my 2015 MS earlier this year and just got a 2018 MX 100D from Tesla. I've only had it for a couple of days, but it is flawless, cosmetically, and mechanically. I was also looking at >2019s but this 2018 came along and I got a good deal on it. After having driven a early 2020 previously, I'm not sure it's any better or different than my new (to me) 2018.