TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Possibly looking to sell OEM wheels (any type!) for the Tesla X

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by VerityZooms, Apr 27, 2016.

1. VerityZooms

VerityZooms Member

I've just submitted my Tesla order; and I'd like to order aftermarket 22" wheels, for summer tires; and also a set of Tesla's 19" wheels / Pirelli winter tires for the Chicago winters. I have basically no interest in *any* of the wheels actually offered with the car, from the factory; so I'd be willing to order my car with whichever set one of you may be interested in, and then sell them directly to you.

If you've got the 20"ers, and want a set of Tesla's 22" ‘Cyclone’ wheels (or the onyx-black ones!), now's your chance to rectify that decision. ;)

(As this would be really convenient for me, and it gives me a lot more flexibility w.r.t. wheels, I'm willing to go a bit below Tesla's prices! Hit me up if you're interested, and we can talk it through / negotiate. To be clear, I submitted my order on the 25th, so the latest point at which I could make this agreement and add the wheels you'd like to buy to my order is this Sunday, the 30th. =)

2. VerityZooms

VerityZooms Member

Bamp: last chance, my design finalizes tonight. Anybody up for a trade? :D

3. Steve Nugent

Steve Nugent Member

If your new car comes with 19" slipstream wheels, Michelin Pilot 3 tires and continental TPMS sensors, I would be interested at $1800 plus $150 shipping to Oregon.​

4. VerityZooms

VerityZooms Member

Er, Tesla doesn't sell their cars new with any 19" tires. They ship with four options: The base 20" rims, the upgraded ‘Cyclone’ style rims (still 20"); and the 22" ‘Turbine’ rims (silver, or ‘onyx’ black.) (As far as I know, all four ship with Pirelli tires.)

In any case, my order is now locked-in; I just stuck with the base model tires …

… if anybody happens to be interested in buying a set of the 20" non-cyclone-style rims or tires, let me know. :p

5. Steve Nugent

Steve Nugent Member

The S comes with 19" wheels. I guess the X only comes with 20". Don't know why.....