Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possibly ordering today. Seeking advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you haven't done a test drive before then you'll certainly be hooked after that experience. The Model S is a larger vehicle which is perfect for a family and family driving. Adding in how safe the car is, if I had a family I was driving around regularly and I could afford it, then the Model S would be the choice for me.

I'm test driving fully expecting to love it. Thanks for your input! I'll post up my experiences in this thread.

Finished test drive. I was very impressed with the power of the MS60. No concerns about wanting more power!

It's been an hour since I applied for the Alliant loan and the "sales" guy is still waiting to hear about our trade in value.

Any questions I may forget to ask before ordering?

My wife and I think we are set on the dark grey but unsure of dash style. Anyone have the Matt wood one?

In California (I see you are in Rverside) you don't get a sales tax credit for the trade. You pay sales tax on the full price of the car then they deduct the trade. This is not typical in most states where you deduct the trade then they determine sales tax.

I found the quote for my trade as middle of the road. Interestingly, Carmax was lower! Ended up selling it back to a dealer who sold my car (BMW) for a much better offer than Tesla.

Sorry, can't help with trade in procedures, didn't do that myself. But definitely consider annual service costs as well as a possible extended warranty. Cost to operate the car is cheap on a daily basis, but the service/warranty plans are not cheap.

I have the matte obeche - love it, but since mine is an older model, my grain runs differently than what is currently available.

Oh, and if you can use one, a referral code. I believe the current program is effective through 7/15, but I am not sure if you have to take delivery before then or just order. Feel free to PM me if you don't have one.

Oh, and if you can use one, a referral code. I believe the current program is effective through 7/15, but I am not sure if you have to take delivery before then or just order. Feel free to PM me if you don't have one.

She makes a great point! Use her referral code for $1K off. As long as the order is placed by the 15th, and you take delivery when it eventually arrives, you'll have $1K deducted instantly from the purchase price.

Did they tell you to apply instantly? Most say here not to apply until 30 days prior to delivery due to double credit pulls and possibly lowering your score.

I'm now home and I'd say I'm not 100% impressed with my tesla experience.

The gentlemen assisting me I think may be new? He asked me to do the financing and he walked me through the steps using their in store computer. He told me it normally takes 1 hour to hear back.

1 hour later another employee asked me if I needed help and when I told them what I was waiting for, she said that I won't hear back until Tuesday.

The car more than made up for it though. I was surprised at the power even with the MS60.

Ive changed the options 10 times but this is what I have on order!

Model S 60
Deep blue metallic
Matte obeche wood dash
Black leather seats
Black alcantra headliner
Pano roof
Autopilot package

Things that may change:

1. my wife really...really likes the white.
2. Tempted by the grey leather interior.
3. P90D if anyone is feeling generous and wants to contribute to my "need"?

The gentlemen assisting me I think may be new? He asked me to do the financing and he walked me through the steps using their in store computer. He told me it normally takes 1 hour to hear back.

1 hour later another employee asked me if I needed help and when I told them what I was waiting for, she said that I won't hear back until Tuesday.

The car more than made up for it though.

The process will have its ups/downs, but ride it out and in less than 60 days end to end, you'll have a custom-made, extraordinary car. You will change your mind on colors/options, and doubt yourself a zillion times. We all did. Ck out this thread for real pics of real colors by real owners after delivery. It will confuse you even more. :eek: :D Congrats, it's the Best Car Ever Post a picture of your facelifted Model S

Reactions: GQbed
[...]

Model S 60
Deep blue metallic
Matte obeche wood dash
Black leather seats
Black alcantra headliner
Pano roof
Autopilot package

Things that may change:

2. Tempted by the grey leather intgerior.

My wife also really wanted white (her last 3 cars were white) but since this would be my car at least in theory I had some say :) In the end I convinced her on the deep blue metallic because white cars in general are just way, way too common here. I think if you google it you'll find white to be among the top few most popular colours for cars worldwide. The Model S is a special car, so why pick an ordinary colour, right ? Though I do have to admit, the pearl white does look pretty nice in person... Oh, and the deep blue has grown on her, she really likes it now

IMO the grey leather looks fantastic with the deep blue, black Alcantara and pano roof - you can't go wrong with that combo! (If you didn't already see them check the photos in the link I posted earlier in this thread, back on page 1)

ps of course I have a referral code too, feel free to use mine if you wish :)

Last edited:
The process will have its ups/downs, but ride it out and in less than 60 days end to end, you'll have a custom-made, extraordinary car. You will change your mind on colors/options, and doubt yourself a zillion times. We all did. Ck out this thread for real pics of real colors by real owners after delivery. It will confuse you even more. :eek: :D Congrats, it's the Best Car Ever Post a picture of your facelifted Model S

This has helped a lot. I actually drove by a service center and saw a model S in every color i believe is available. These pictures are great since you can see the in different lights/backgrounds.

My wife also really wanted white (her last 3 cars were white) but since this would be my car at least in theory I had some say :) In the end I convinced her on the deep blue metallic because white cars in general are just way, way too common here. I think if you google it you'll find white to be among the top few most popular colours for cars worldwide. The Model S is a special car, so why pick an ordinary colour, right ? Though I do have to admit, the pearl white does look pretty nice in person... Oh, and the deep blue has grown on her, she really likes it now

IMO the grey leather looks fantastic with the deep blue, black Alcantara and pano roof - you can't go wrong with that combo! (If you didn't already see them check the photos in the link I posted earlier in this thread, back on page 1)

ps of course I have a referral code too, feel free to use mine if you wish :)
Referral | Tesla Motors

Love the pics thanks!

The car more than made up for it though. I was surprised at the power even with the MS60.

Model S 60
Deep blue metallic
Matte obeche wood dash
Black leather seats
Black alcantra headliner
Pano roof
Autopilot package

Things that may change:

2. Tempted by the grey leather interior.

Earlier you said this purchase is a stretch for you, that said I'd skip the pano roof unless you plan to regularly have 6'+tall passengers in the back. Especially if you plan to keep the car for more than a few years (future problems?). I know there were numerous issues with the earlier pano roofs (mostly solved) but long term all mechanical things will break. Also the car is lighter without the pano roof and you get less heat gain with a solid roof. I don't have the pano roof and haven't once thought I made a mistake not getting it on my MS.

And since no one has mentioned it I hope you used a referal code to get your $1000 off your order. If not here is mine Referral | Tesla Motors

Earlier you said this purchase is a stretch for you, that said I'd skip the pano roof unless you plan to regularly have 6'+tall passengers in the back. Especially if you plan to keep the car for more than a few years (future problems?). I know there were numerous issues with the earlier pano roofs (mostly solved) but long term all mechanical things will break. Also the car is lighter without the pano roof and you get less heat gain with a solid roof. I don't have the pano roof and haven't once thought I made a mistake not getting it on my MS.

And since no one has mentioned it I hope you used a referal code to get your $1000 off your order. If not here is mine Referral | Tesla Motors

The pano roof is more of an aesthetic thing for me than anything so I'll canx it if needed.

I did use a referral code to save $1,000 but thank you.

I have until Sunday to finalize the car and make changes.

My pickup will be in Costa Mesa, California.