Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True! And I contemplated that, before buying. Also perfect for car washing - great foaming guns. Something that doesn't make sense with a gas powered version. With electric many/most only run when you need them to.

But they're dreadfully slower, more time consuming for the big tasks, i.e. lots of concrete. The gas version takes about a quarter of the time with so much more power and water flow, makes for significantly bigger swaths of cleaning out of the gun.

But we digress. :)

I charged at the Cracker Barrel while I did a 30 mi bicycle ride.
WP_20130824_002.jpg

I thought evgo stations were CHADEMO?

The larger cylinder is CHAdeMO. The smaller cylinder is J1772 at 30 amps. I have a plan for 12 months of local charging in Houston for $69. I can charge up to 3 hr at a charger in this plan. The plan doesn't allow me to use chargers outside the Houston area without additional charges. If I had bought the plan for my Volt, I could have purchased a 24 mo plan for $99. This 24 mo plan is not available for Teslas.

- - - Updated - - -

Around here they are J1772, but you have to pay a high monthly fee whether you use them or not (last I looked it was $50/month). And mostly they are at Walgreens and other places that you never spend more than five minutes at (willingly).

In Houston they are at HEB food stores and Cracker Barrel restaurants as well as Walgreen's. A week ago, I charged my Model S for about 3 hr at an HEB while we watched a movie at a nearby theater. I like riding my bicycle in the area close to a Cracker Barrel, and this is a handy place to park and ride.

I'll preface it by saying that the title of this thread is "post a picture of your car charging".

Well, because of my Model S, I don't take my Mustang nor my GTO out nearly as often as I need to. As a result, I have to put them on the battery tenders. Technically, this is a picture of my car charging:

20130825_001928.jpg

Picture charging in Gordonsville, VA in front of town hall on an outdoor 110outlet (permission asked of course).
Tessgordonsville.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Charging at Richmond International Raceway prior to Tesla's "Drive Change" event in Richmond, VA,August 7th. RV lot with over 100 14-50's easily accommodated the 43 owners who came out to show Virginia legislators what's great about Tesla.
RIRtess.JPG

I continue to be amazed that Tesla does not seem to feel it is necessary to protect their investment with Bollards! If it's in a parking lot and people are backing up, not necessarily Tesla drivers it will get hit and damaged.:eek:

It's probably cheaper to replace the "pumps" than it is to put in bollards. Also, it's really easy to dent your doors on the bollards.