Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Private Supercharger in Russia,
IMG_1562.jpg
Moscow

Reactions: dgpcolorado
I like how you cleared off the snow around the Tesla T :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

My 2012 Model S and my 2010 Roadster (both plugged in)

View attachment 109110View attachment 109111

cinergi,
I gave your post a "Like", even though there is nothing I like about the content of your pictures.

I was going to rate it as "Funny", but I don't think it's right to laugh at other people's woes.

We need a new rating of "Aaaagh!"

• Funny
Reactions: cinergi
Charging at a campsite in Zion National Park last week using a TT-30 adapter:

27674620085_b379e5797a_c.jpg

27674620595_e413c69d78_c.jpg

Two nights of charging at 24 A, 120 V (~7 miles/hr) easily gave me 90% and that was plenty to get back to the Beaver UT Supercharging Station. Zion also has two J1772 EVSEs at each Visitor's Center; the cost is $5 for three days of use. I'd have bought charging access just to show support for the program but the line in the Visitor's Center, the only time I was there when it was open, was too long; the rest of the time I was there after or before it was open. For most of the year Zion uses shuttle buses in the Zion Canyon area, which work well. No cars, no traffic, no hassles.

Charging at Kettle Valley Museum in Midway, B.C. Canada - 40A HPWC
I happened to be seated at the same table as the public works guy who did this, at a seminar over the winter. We had a good discussion about EV's and he was clearly a supporter. So was the guy next to him, who was responsible for the Greenwood installation! And the Midway guy was very proud of the way he installed this one! Justifiably so, it's pretty good IMHO!

TT-30 to 14-50 adapter on a UMC. Some combinations of UMC and Model S may only take 20A, some 24A.
Yes, I used a TT-30 adapter:

nema-14-50r-to-tt-30p-rv-plug-adapter.jpg

A corded adapter is more expensive but easier to use.

I use bungee cords to hold the adapter in place to the pedestal. Many National Park campgrounds have only "30 amp" (120 volt, 30 amp TT-30) service — if they have any electrical hookups at all — as opposed to the 14-50 outlets common at typical RV parks. (The car charging system has to be set to 24 amps since the non-Tesla adapter doesn't automatically limit current.)

27674620085_b379e5797a_z.jpg

At the campground in Zion National Park using TT-30 adapter.

27674620595_e413c69d78_z.jpg