Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At work:

TeslaJMH.jpg

There are already 6 ChargePoint hookups for the general public, usually fully occupied (with Leafs and Volts). I lobbied facilities management, and got them to install 4 SemaConnect hookups for physicians only.

Ocean view? Could I get a room with a view of the parking garage instead?

Using the 110 at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, FL. View from one side of the room... mine is the one with the 5th floor to itself, center of slightly blurry pic (hard to keep windows clean on the ocean)
IMG_20130902_094857.JPG

Ft Myers Superchargers today around 230-400, first pic is a blue P85+ with temp tag, very pretty. She was all by herself when we pulled in from Miami. The second picture is what we found when we came back after a late lunch (or was it an early dinner?):
2863.jpeg

2860.jpeg

Charging at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel in Colonial Williamsburg, VA. They only had a 110v, but let me park right in front the whole weekend as that's where their outlet was.
Got lots of interest from other guests (and staff). I sent them an email after my visit thanking them for allowing me to charge and asking them to consider a reserved EV spot with a J1772 charging station(so our Leaf/Volt friends could use it too). I think the more hotels hear from guests about this need the more will accommodate us.

e8u3ave2.jpg

Here's how NOT to set up a public charging station. This is at a local shopping center, and there is absolutely no signage or markings of any kind. I had to wait a hour for ICE cars to leave (the spot by the charger was occupied when I parked, but vacant when I took this picture). At least the cord is long.

I can hardly blame the ICE cars for parking in front of the charger. With no signs or anything they probably wouldn't have a clue as to what that thing on the wall is.

Obviously, I've written to the mall thanking them for putting in the charger, but asking them to consider some signs and markings.

IMG_1422.JPG