Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharging in Buellton, California

DSC_5004.jpg

At my workplace where, alongside 8 new J1772 30A Bosch Power Max EVSEs, there are two HPWCs that Tesla generously donated to my employer after a recent test drive event on campus:

image.jpg

We have 5 Model S now, I think, but not a whole lot of contention given all the other EVSEs as well.

At my workplace where, alongside 8 new J1772 30A Bosch Power Max EVSEs, there are two HPWCs that Tesla generously donated to my employer after a recent test drive event on campus:

View attachment 44029

We have 5 Model S now, I think, but not a whole lot of contention given all the other EVSEs as well.

That's awesome to have a dedicated Model S charging stations... Are they at full 80A?

That's awesome to have a dedicated Model S charging stations... Are they at full 80A?

The intent was that for sure - according to emails sent out when they went up last week - but, I can't be sure as I have only a single onboard charger. Will have to check with other Model S owners on our EV mailing list to see if they have twin chargers and can pull 80A.

Now that you asked, I'm a little doubtful if they got the install right. Atleast before 5.8.x, I used to see 40/80A on the charging screen when I plugged into HPWCs at Tesla service centers. I see 40/40A at these new ones. Not sure if that's because of a firmware change or if these installs only have 40A capacity. Will followup and see.

I wish we had a really good detail shop close by. The nearest good one (that I know of) is all the way in San Mateo. I do my own detailing but wouldn't mind having a Pro do some Paint Correction for me every once in a while. Your car looks fantastic. Any idea what they use on it?

Hmm... That's a good excuse to drive down to Anaheim if I ever heard one. I'm not sure exactly what they used on it to correct the paint, but I think it's Opticoat. The owner Richard is really friendly - just post a note on their Facebook page or message them and they usually respond pretty quickly. It seems like every week they work on at LEAST 3 Model S's!

As I pulled away from the Newark, DE supercharger on 2/19/2014, picture taken by my daughter Isabel...
The snowbanks slightly messed up the picture so I moved the car a few feet after charging. Heading
northbound there was a double rainbow ahead of us for about an hour.

photo.JPG

I posted this picture in the Flat Stanley thread, but since this is my first Supercharger road trip, and first Supercharger stop (!!), I'll stick it here too. In Burlington WA, for a charge, a pancake, a rest, and a geocache. By the way, driving from Vancouver to Portland is just SO EASY with the superchargers. Unbelievable. As many of you already know.

Attachments

• IMG_3777.jpg
    IMG_3777.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 473