TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Post configuration questions on Model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by anticitizen13.7, Sep 1, 2015.

1. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Overall I'm very pleased with the Model X production "reveal" so far.

I am sure that Tesla hasn't disclosed all of Model X's improvements and features. The questions surrounding 2nd and 3rd row configurations and folding are just one example.

Here is what I'd like to know:

(1) The "Signature" series has a 503 hp rear motor, and a 259 hp front motor. Will this be the default configuration? Or will the base Model X offer 259 hp rear and front, similar to the Model S 70D/85D?

(2) What improvements has Tesla made to the electronics? Specifically, did the 17" touch screen and driver's instrument clusters get upgrades in their processors? What changes, if any, were made to the Autopilot sensor suite?

(3) Are there dual charge ports? It looks like it, but I can't tell if the right hand side panel is a lookalike rather than an actual door port.

(4) Where are the cup holders for the 2nd row passengers? The aerial cutout view shows that the 3rd row cupholders are between the 2 3rd row seats.

(5) Will the mirrors have integrated turn signals? A minor point but I kind of like mirrors with turn signals.

(6) Nose cone? :biggrin:

As a general observation, the CGI exterior images are substantially similar to the mules, Betas, and Release Candidate test vehicles we've seen in spy photos.

2. O-G

O-G Member

Good starting points. I would like to add to the list info on the rear view mirror. Is it a camera? I have concerns about visibility out the back considering the middle seat with a fixed headrest that does not appear to be removable.

3. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Frunk capacity? Second and third row ventilation improvements? Cargo capacity?

4. lucy

lucy bluehair

Here's hoping there will be some physical reveal event before EM goes on Colbert to address these questions and many more.
    phew! It's been a long day!

5. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

One more to add perhaps, what about the headlights, are they LED?

6. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

I can't believe I forgot this, but I saw it posted in another thread: What's the kW charging capacity of the standard onboard charger? Will there be an option for dual chargers?

7. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

No one knows yet about the capabilities of the on board charger...

8. O-G

O-G Member

I'm curious if the full autopilot will be active when the MX is delivered. I know it's listed as being included but we all know it is not yet active on the MS. Elon stated that the beta was to be released on August 15th and that it would be a month or two before general release. Timing is close. I've always though it was a bit disingenuous to announce it last October and now almost a year later it is still not implemented.

9. lucy

lucy bluehair

I know that many of you are software professionals, do you think the MX will have it's own software or be added to the MS software somehow?

I just searched the iTunes App Store & didn't see any mention of Model X.
    did find a lot of games involving lightning bolts or Tesla coils... 凸(¬‿¬)凸 to you, App Store.

10. GVTesla

GVTesla Member

My guess is that they'll submit a Model X app, featuring Model X images/graphics etc.

However, the underlying codebase of that app will probably be >99% similar to that of the S. Main difference being only the graphics.

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'd hope for a singular app honestly. I see no reason to have a Model S and Model X app on the phone when the current app can handle multiple Model S'

12. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Also, there will be a need to support folks who own both a Model S and a Model X.

13. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Very good point. I'd expect an update that'll handle both in the existing or new app to handle both.