TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

post delete button?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by wiztecy, Sep 18, 2012.

1. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

#1 wiztecy, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    ... Can't find the delete button to remove the post.... any clue where its located? Will move it once I stumble across it.

I really think the delete option was not enabled for posts after the upgrade of the site.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I had to double check the permissions just be be sure.

Normal members are able to delete posts, but not threads. Typically when you click to edit a post, you then see the option to delete. This is not the case when it's the first post in a thread, since deleting that post would delete the thread.

3. scotty2541

scotty2541 Member

On the "8533-Replacement-of-Alpine-IVA-NAV-10" thread, I want to delete one of my posts (it is redundant)
    Either #13 or #14.

When I looked at the thread a day later, my post wasn't there. So I submitted a new one. Now I have two.

Also, I don't know how #13 got two images in it. I really only needed one.

I can't edit or delete my posts. It says I don't have permission. How can I get it?

Thanks.

-Scotty

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I took care of it. As a new member you may have had limited permissions. Those limits eventually go away.

5. medved

medved Member

I don't see the delete button (nor edit post button) and i am not a new member. Why is that?

6. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

After 24 hours, you can no longer edit your post unless it's the first post in the thread and you are the OP.

Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG

EDIT: I would have thought my 4,000th would have been a bit different. :)

7. Sunflower

Sunflower Member

Is it possible to delete entire account? Please advise.

8. littlecloudy

littlecloudy Member

Please delete my account! And remove all my content! Please!