TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

post-delivery enabling of autopilot (not the current 30 day demo)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by slam, Apr 26, 2016.

1. slam

slam Member

Hi All,

I had purchased a new S-70D in December 2015 (trading in my old S-60), but without the Autopilot option installed. When I purchased it, Tesla's website, and the sale person I was dealing with said the post-delivery enable cost was $3400. When I asked how long that price would be, he said as long as i had the car.

I was planning on getting it later this year. Now, I'm sure a bunch of people have seen the free demo Tesla is pushing out for a month. What I noticed on the e-mail that I received, says that if I like Autopilot and would like to keep it, the upgrade is $4000 (which is the current post-delivery enabling price).

Was the sales guy just being the typical car sales guy and told me anything to sell the car, or is the latest e-mail from Tesla wrong?

Now I fee like an idot not getting it in writing. Or possibly an idiot for worrying so much.
    --
    S.Lam

2. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I think Tesla's sales personnel are much more ethical than a "typical sales guy" at a dealership...that being said, have you called him / her / the sales manager at the store to ask them why the difference?

I think that is the best place to start your inquiry.

3. slam

slam Member

Oh, I agree, the Tesla sales people are much, much better than a regular dealership. After re-reading my original post, I may have come across as harsh.

I have e-mailed him, and he's looking into it.

Has anyone done a post-delivery activation of Autopilot? I'm just wondering what the pricing was like.

4. sagaboy

sagaboy Member

Hi slam,
    I got mine installed when autopilot was released and I paid 3400cnd.
    Attached is a piece of my invoice for your review.
    Good luck

Attached Files:

5. slam

slam Member

Thanks!