Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

post-delivery enabling of autopilot (not the current 30 day demo)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I had purchased a new S-70D in December 2015 (trading in my old S-60), but without the Autopilot option installed. When I purchased it, Tesla's website, and the sale person I was dealing with said the post-delivery enable cost was $3400. When I asked how long that price would be, he said as long as i had the car.

I was planning on getting it later this year. Now, I'm sure a bunch of people have seen the free demo Tesla is pushing out for a month. What I noticed on the e-mail that I received, says that if I like Autopilot and would like to keep it, the upgrade is $4000 (which is the current post-delivery enabling price).

Was the sales guy just being the typical car sales guy and told me anything to sell the car, or is the latest e-mail from Tesla wrong?

Now I fee like an idot not getting it in writing. Or possibly an idiot for worrying so much.
--
S.Lam

I think Tesla's sales personnel are much more ethical than a "typical sales guy" at a dealership...that being said, have you called him / her / the sales manager at the store to ask them why the difference?

I think that is the best place to start your inquiry.

Oh, I agree, the Tesla sales people are much, much better than a regular dealership. After re-reading my original post, I may have come across as harsh.

I have e-mailed him, and he's looking into it.

Has anyone done a post-delivery activation of Autopilot? I'm just wondering what the pricing was like.

Hi slam,
I got mine installed when autopilot was released and I paid 3400cnd.
Attached is a piece of my invoice for your review.
Good luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-28-23-31-10.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-28-23-31-10.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 67