Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Delivery FSD and ultimate resale value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that when you buy options before a VIN is issued and you take delivery, the VIN reflects all of those options, in particular FSD. Those that have purchased FSD AFTER taking delivery, where the VIN does not return the FSD upgrade if looked up, what does this do to the resale value, if anything? That's my biggest regret and temptation now to get FSD both to finally lock in the price and secondly, hopefully, someday have resale reflective of that huge upgrade.

Does anyone have real-world experience with this?

I know that when you buy options before a VIN is issued and you take delivery, the VIN reflects all of those options, in particular FSD. Those that have purchased FSD AFTER taking delivery, where the VIN does not return the FSD upgrade if looked up, what does this do to the resale value, if anything? That's my biggest regret and temptation now to get FSD both to finally lock in the price and secondly, hopefully, someday have resale reflective of that huge upgrade.

Does anyone have real-world experience with this?
VINs don’t reflect FSD any different when it comes to pre/post purchase.

"I know that when you buy options before a VIN is issued and you take delivery, the VIN reflects all of those options, in particular FSD."

How do you "know" this? I included Full Self-Driving Capability for $8,000 when I ordered my Model Y. The Monroney Sticker I received with my Y does not show that FSD is included. I doubt that the VIN shows FSD either.