Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post delivery FSD purchase for Model 3 not available online

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Customer Support - ‭1800 646 952‬ Option 2 . Got through within a couple of minutes (10am). Said I wanted to activate FSD on my model 3. They took my credit card details and said they will relay request. Activated 2 days later - no email or phone confirmation - Account Manage tab updated car details to Full Self Driving (Autopilot removed).

Did this and it was added the same day (today) by the time I got back to the car.

I’m amazed I just dropped that much cash on a software feature and a promise :)

At least I paid less LCT.

Reactions: ittah
Was a bit shocked by the FSD price increase so soon after the configurations were available.
Does anyone know the cost of FSD before the change for a M3P + performance upgrade + $1400 paint (silver)? I'm struggling to work out how the price changes with LCT and stamp duty, but ultimately just want to see if I'm still ahead or not after deciding to add FSD post-delivery (or some time later). So was $7100 + increases in LCT & stamp duty, more or less than $8500.
First post here btw

Hi, assuming NSW based on your member profile, FSD at $7100 purchased with the car would have incurred additional charges of $2130 in LCT (ext GST cost times 33%) and $465 in SD (cost plus the LCT times 5% rounded up to the next $5). Grand total $9695.

Found my old posts and the helpful response from @jgdc .
So I'm calling this a saving of $1195 then, makes the vapourware feel like a bargain... right?