Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Delivery Model X Detailing: Why and what?

What kind of post-delivery detailing work was done by the detailer on your Model X

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know someone who wrapped his model S in matte black vinyl and paid $2500. I also know of some forum members who paid around $7500 for Xpel wrap on the X.

Reputation adds value and pricing. With regard to the intricacies and detailing, it gets expensive.

the vinyl wrapped S was done October last year and he drives it everyday. Condition still looks very good.

Anyone did it please tell me how much those shop charge for xpel? I watched a video posted by a detailing shop, it makes me think he is gona charge quite a bit
You might want to shop around if you can. But in many cases there will not be a lot of options in your area so at best you could obtain quotes over the phone and then use that as leverage to the detailer that you want to go to if they are out of line.

Also keep in mind that you will have to leave your car with them for the better part, or all of, a week. I wanted to make sure mine was locked inside, and not inside some compound or worse, on the street. Most of these detail shops are not in the classiest of neighborhoods if you get my drift, especially after hours and late at night.

Also keep in mind that you will have to leave your car with them for the better part, or all of, a week
I talked to a shop to do ClearShield Pro and PhotoSync tint. They would need the car for 1 full day and over night and I could pick it up the next morning after they check everything. Leaving your car for a week is silly. No one is going to work on your car for that many hours contiguously.

If yours is the only car you might get it done it two days but if they have others you can expect they will batch the process by worker.

I would also be suspect of someone who is doing paint correction, wrapping the car, and applying a ceramic finish all in an overnight job. It just cannot happen.

I called another shop in Austin today after getting their name from the Service Center as a place where customers have had positive feedback. I asked about getting full tint (everywhere but windshield) and PPF wrap on the front full hood, fenders, bumper, lights, side views. They've done a LOT of S's and 2 X's so far and he would need the car for 1 full day only. The PPF installs are booked about 1 week out right now and tint only about 3 days out.
You guys are getting screwed having to leave your new car for more than a day or two. There's no way it's being worked on full time during the period you leave it there.
The quotes at the two places I've priced so far have been between $1700 and $2100 for PPF and Tint in the areas described above.
I haven't priced an XPEL install. These were ClearShield Pro & SunTek PPF and LLumar & PhotoSync Tint Films.