Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post delivery pros/cons/opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know the forum structure that well so posting here... Just the main items since I picked it up on Sunday... I got the Performance model with all the fixins...

Pros:

• I love pretty much everything about it.
  • It looks fantastic, drives fantastic.
  • Delivery was simple and easy.
  • No real fit and finish flaws that I've found yet, paint is thoroughly covered in non-visible areas.
  • FSD works better than I expected and glad I got it at the last minute.
  • The entire driving experience is just great and handles as good if not better than my 2012 335i sport model.
  • Wife decided to keep her head against the headrest because I keep accelerating. :D Acceleration is truly jaw-dropping.
  • Premium audio system is keeping up with my premium audio from my previous BMW which was the 16 speaker surround system with 900 watt amp so that's great.
  • It had recent software version when I got it and updated to the very latest last night.

Cons:
  • Wi-Fi connectivity (or rather DHCP) gets confused easily in more complex environments. I was able to fix this by changing some things around on my network to make the M3 happy but it took a 1/2 day of network troubleshooting that would have never occurred had I not already been someone who knows networking protocols.

• Logging into Google et al, considers the YT app insecure and I had to jump through a number of hoops to get logged in. Such as logging into Plex using google which stores an auth token that the YT app then sees and uses - kind of a pain and frustrating. It just isn't robust in this area, found several little gotchas for something that should be more seamless. If you aren't logging into your google or YT account, you'll probably never see this issue.

• Left fender camera does not work! I couldn't understand why I kept seeing "autopilot cameras not available" until I finally found where you can see all the cameras and the driver side front fender camera is always a black screen and loading... I've not found exactly which features don't work because of it, FSD seems perfectly happy even with lane changes - nevertheless frustrating because....

• I scheduled service for the camera issue, I can't get an appointment until 10/6, no mobile service available. That's a bit frustrating to have to wait three weeks for a punch list item after dropping 60k, maybe I should have spread out my final payment by 3 weeks :D. :(
It is a beauty though:

p8aoAIH.png

sNgGL8h.png

mZ43JBQ.png

Reactions: BudB and jjrandorin