Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post-Delivery Servicing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jpho

Apr 8, 2021
CA
So I took accepted delivery of my MY today (4/8/21). It was delivered via Home Delivery and I did my inspection and found some issues. I’ve made my service appointment but it’s not until 2 weeks out.

From what I understand, I have 100 miles to report issues for them to rectify. Since my appointment is so far out, should I not drive past the 100 miles until it’s all fixed up? Or is it fine to continue normally driving it?

So I took accepted delivery of my MY today (4/8/21). It was delivered via Home Delivery and I did my inspection and found some issues. I’ve made my service appointment but it’s not until 2 weeks out.

From what I understand, I have 100 miles to report issues for them to rectify. Since my appointment is so far out, should I not drive past the 100 miles until it’s all fixed up? Or is it fine to continue normally driving it?
You have up to 100 miles or 24 hours (which ever comes first) to report all issues that will be covered at no cost if the issue is actually "out of spec".

Service appointment date doesn't void this agreement. Once 24 hours or 100 miles are driven after delivery you lose the chance to report more issues, however the car us still under warranty, so they'll cover anything other than what they consider typical wear and tear.

Reactions: Consult
Upvote 0
As long as you submitted your ticket with all issues documented within the 100 miles you can drive as much as you’d like.

Also keep in mind the 100 miles thing is more critical for the kind of issues that would look like something that could have happened after delivery or wear and tear (for example chips/scratches in the paint, fingerprints on headliner, wheel damage, etc). These are the kind of things that it is important to document early because in a couple of weeks no one can tell if they came with the car or happened after you took ownership.

Other issues that are more warranty issues (like a seat not working correctly, or a non-functional port), you could report later if you notice them later as those would be treated as warranty repairs.

• Helpful
Reactions: AprilMay
Upvote 0
You have up to 100 miles or 24 hours (which ever comes first) to report all issues that will be covered at no cost if the issue is actually "out of spec".

Service appointment date doesn't void this agreement. Once 24 hours or 100 miles are driven after delivery you lose the chance to report more issues, however the car us still under warranty, so they'll cover anything other than what they consider typical wear and tear.

As long as you submitted your ticket with all issues documented within the 100 miles you can drive as much as you’d like.

Also keep in mind the 100 miles thing is more critical for the kind of issues that would look like something that could have happened after delivery or wear and tear (for example chips/scratches in the paint, fingerprints on headliner, wheel damage, etc). These are the kind of things that it is important to document early because in a couple of weeks no one can tell if they came with the car or happened after you took ownership.

Other issues that are more warranty issues (like a seat not working correctly, or a non-functional port), you could report later if you notice them later as those would be treated as warranty repairs.
Thank you!

Upvote 0