Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post-delivery upgrades (FSD, acceleration boost) now refundable for 48 hours after purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The upgrades screen in the app now has the following text:

You have up to 48 hours after purchasing to request a full refund. A refund can only be requested once per upgrade.

The upgrades page on the website has been updated with the relevant FAQ. Premium connectivity purchases are not eligible. Full FAQ entry:

Are upgrade purchases refundable?
Yes. For upgrades purchased from the Tesla app, you can request a refund from the Tesla app within 48 hours of purchase. All refund conditions are available in your Tesla app. If an upgrade was purchased in a Service Center, contact your local Service Center.

You cannot receive a refund for subscriptions including Premium Connectivity.

Curiously, there's no mention of upgrades purchased through the website. I don't have any available upgrades, but maybe someone who does could pull up the purchase page and see if there's any mention of refunds there.

Absolutely nothing about refunds on my screen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 1.29.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 1.29.21 PM.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 204
My message in the app reads different than you describe.
“All sales are final. Upgrades are not eligible for refund after 48 hours of purchase.”

Tapping “Learn More” brings up a small dialog box:

Refund Policy

All sales are final. Upgrades are not eligible for refund after 48 hours of purchase. A refund can only be requested once per upgrade. Upgrades purchased together will be refunded together in full. If applicable, tax is calculated based on your registration address.

Attachments

• 65F752E7-A2F8-4C07-944A-30CF70279AF8.png
    65F752E7-A2F8-4C07-944A-30CF70279AF8.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 162