Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post if you actually purchased the EAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not such a bargain when you can buy the whole thing now for 8k if buying for the first time.

that's kind of the point.

You can buy the whole thing for 8k.

Or you can buy part of it now and the rest later, for more money.

Which is exactly how Tesla did their pricing on this from 2016 through early 2019.

You could buy BOTH EAP and FSD that whole time for $8000 total when you bought the car.

Or you could buy either later for a higher total price if you waited.

Now that elon is hinting toward vector space birds eye view parking.... I want this! I wanted this for a long time. But I'm not gonna drop any more money for FSD given I dont want FSD at all. URG!!!
I'm keeping this stealth 3 until it dies hopefully at 2035 =p Come on car, dont give me any problems!
My last car was a wrx wagon 2007, I ended up selling it because the head gasket blew and blew out my radiator... it was a $5000 repair on a $6000 car. cringy but I fixed it and sold it $6800 for a tesla. Net positive overall.

If my car will last to 2035, this EAP will be well used.

I bought the EAP and have used it a few times. Working from home and not commuting, yet.
I am getting used to it. Auto lane change is very eirie, at least at first but is done safely.
EAP drives safer and more conservatively than many drivers on the road, but to quote George Carlin, people driving slower than you are idiots and faster than you are maniacs. And I saw a lot more idiots and maniacs yesterday on the highway compared to normal driving.

Reactions: dcm3 and RayK
Got it after much agonizing, at the last minute. No commute, not much highway driving and have tried NOA only once and it made me nervous, it slowed down before changing but, will change the settings to more aggressive (Mad Max?) and try that. It's a big deal to me not to have to switch AP off and on again changing lanes though; that was so annoying. My main excuse (to the wife...) for getting it is for my kayaking trips: done paddling, summon the car to the dock, not have to walk over first with wet boots and all, get in, drive back to the unattended 'yak, then load it on the roof rack again. Luxury problem? Sure, but hey, you only live once!

Now that elon is hinting toward vector space birds eye view parking.... I want this! I wanted this for a long time. But I'm not gonna drop any more money for FSD given I dont want FSD at all. URG!!!
I'm keeping this stealth 3 until it dies hopefully at 2035 =p Come on car, dont give me any problems!
My last car was a wrx wagon 2007, I ended up selling it because the head gasket blew and blew out my radiator... it was a $5000 repair on a $6000 car. cringy but I fixed it and sold it $6800 for a tesla. Net positive overall.

If my car will last to 2035, this EAP will be well used.
Don't be surprised if after a few months you see Elon off this as an upgrade option for a limited time. I know he wants to expand the feature list of FSD to make it more enticing for those buying a new Tesla, but there are too many current owners out there, that may not want to fork out 9k to get Birds Eye but would gladly pay $500-$1000 to get it. Why would he pass on making that extra cash when all the cars have the needed HW to deliver the feature?

cant believe some people can't use it properly. then blame the car for their poor driving skills. no wonder elon and team are working hard to solve FSD

1. How are people "not using it properly" to which is causes them to have poor driving skills?
  2. If FSD needs to be "solved", then that statement acknowledges that there ARE issues with EAP (and FSD). EAP is a subset of FSD, just without the city street driving elements.

I bought EAP as a stepping stone to FSD when i feel it has enough value. Im very happy with the purchase but NOA has a lot of issues...when confirming lane changes the changes seem to be quick but if you have lane change confirmation off, it takes way too long and will sit with its blinker on while a car in the lane the car wants to go to is about to overtake. seems like 1/3rd of the time Im cancelling the automatic lane changes and doing them "manually"

I bought EAP as a stepping stone to FSD when i feel it has enough value. Im very happy with the purchase but NOA has a lot of issues...when confirming lane changes the changes seem to be quick but if you have lane change confirmation off, it takes way too long and will sit with its blinker on while a car in the lane the car wants to go to is about to overtake. seems like 1/3rd of the time Im cancelling the automatic lane changes and doing them "manually"
Yep, this is why I "returned" it.