Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post outage reporting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had what appears to be a brief (~5 minute) outage. During the outage, the Tesla app showed no grid however it also showed the house consuming a lot more power than it normally does (even in peak conditions). Now, post outage, the Tesla app shows grid back but the solar # seems to be stuck at the same value as just before the outage. Connecting to the TEG directly via web shows no energy flowing and the battery at 100%. As the inverters are on and the house is consuming power, there should be power flow. Anyone encounter this before? Do I need to contact Tesla or will things reset on their own?

I had something similar happen to me last week - app just started reporting no power production or consumption. I believe the TEG was updating something and was rebooting as after a few minutes things came back online and haven't had a problem since.

Still no flow in app or web. What’s the process for resetting the TEG? I see a single hole when I open the outer panel with a reset label and a blinking red-bluish light inside. Do I just insert something through? Does it need to be held in or is a momentary push/click sufficient?

Ended up calling Tesla support this am and they had me walk through a full powerdown of everything including the grid, wait 5 minutes, then turn everything back on. That did the trick. Next time I'll try just doing the TEG reset first.

Ended up calling Tesla support this am and they had me walk through a full powerdown of everything including the grid, wait 5 minutes, then turn everything back on. That did the trick. Next time I'll try just doing the TEG reset first.

The old 5-minute wait. Seems that is baked into electrical systems. They treat everything less than 5 minutes as a "momentary" problem and often ignore the change in state.