Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Photos of Your Exterior Upgrade Here!? :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought an a new thread to share photos of exterior upgrades might come in handy for other fellow owners here... I will toss my hat in 1st with the custom addition/installation photos of the Beltronics STI-R Plus and Laser Interceptor. Would love to see how others' upgrades/installations look :love:
2014-05-03 18.13.48.jpg
2014-05-03 16.55.54.jpg
2014-05-03 16.51.53.jpg
2014-05-03 16.56.17.jpg

They are counter-measures to radars and laser speed detectors.

Thanks for the info. Strange that these things are legal. Over here, installing (and using) such devices is highly illegal and would cost you your driving licence for good, plus a nasty fine. And for once I tend to agree with this legislation as speed limits normally are there for a purpose, and if not enforcable would lose their effect.

Anyway, safe motoring.

This install, while attractive, probably compromises the effectiveness of the laser transponder/jammers. The laser guns are aimed at the headlights or license plate. As you appear to have no front plate, the transponders should be located as close to the headlights as possible. Otherwise the effectiveness of the system in defeating the laser beam is seriously compromised. I studied as much of the literature on this as I could before I did my laser jammer install. The result is shown in the photo below.

DSC_3420.jpg

This install, while attractive, probably compromises the effectiveness of the laser transponder/jammers. The laser guns are aimed at the headlights or license plate. As you appear to have no front plate, the transponders should be located as close to the headlights as possible. Otherwise the effectiveness of the system in defeating the laser beam is seriously compromised. I studied as much of the literature on this as I could before I did my laser jammer install. The result is shown in the photo below.

View attachment 48762

is that before or after your lighted T? I'm assuming before, because I dont see the black wrap on the middle chrome bar as well as I dont see your CF wrap on the front apron piece.

View attachment 48762

You're correct. To minimize the risk of getting picked up by a LIDAR you would want it as close as possible to headlights and 6"-9" further placement of mine vs yours is not trivial however considering most operators are about 300-350ft ore more away when from the car when aiming at the headlight, the 6"-9" from that distance away is not as dramatic of a difference. Luckily with this similar placement distance from headlight and without a front lic-plate, I have had only positive results the 6-7 times that on my both SUV and the other sedan that I have this same HP Quad LI installed.

I am looking for pictures of the Model S with Xpel Ultimate on. I would like to see how noticeable or unnoticeable it is. If it makes the color of the car change at all, etc.... I am getting half the car done and I would like to know if you can even tell its on if you weren't looking for it..

I am looking for pictures of the Model S with Xpel Ultimate on. I would like to see how noticeable or unnoticeable it is. If it makes the color of the car change at all, etc.... I am getting half the car done and I would like to know if you can even tell its on if you weren't looking for it..
IMO, no color change and edge detection depends on the quality of your installation/skills of the installer.

My guess would be that mostly everyone has their car wrapped. That's how *not* noticeable it is :)

is that before or after your lighted T? I'm assuming before, because I dont see the black wrap on the middle chrome bar as well as I dont see your CF wrap on the front apron piece.

You're right. I've modified so many nose cones (4 in all, with one destroyed in an accident) it's hard to keep track, but given that this photo was taken last summer, there was no lighted T, even in an experimental stage.

That's what I got on my black P85 (Xpel Ult. complete front) and you cannot tell at all. I also got the OptiCoat on the entirety of MS