Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Something You Love About Your ICE Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might not be popular on this board, but:
Sound, smell, and manual transmissions. If you enjoy tracking your car or taking it through the twisties, dropping 20%... and arguably more...from the driving experience, is a drag. Hearing the tires react to steering and pavement more is an interesting difference, but it does't make up for it.
Day to day, nothing beats a BEV....but I do miss the more involved driving experience of an ICE with MT when being "athletic".

Totally agree!!

I’m sorry, as great as my P85DL is, my 2002 BMW E39 M5 still kicks the donkey’s ass. It’s an absolute joy to drive.

Although I only drive it to the airport and train station theses days. :rolleyes:

I also miss the fact that every time I would drive by another WRX, the other driver and I would flash peace signs at each other
I love that community too. They are wise to our'05 9-2x Aero and give a thumbs up all the time. Not very many people outside that group even have a clue that it's a WRX in a Saab cover. I was leaving the local pool store a few weeks ago and found two guys taking pics of it. We talked for a couple minutes and they took a few more pics of the interior. They left in their two WRX's! Very cool. Figures you'd be one too... :cool:

Reactions: joebruin77
Being up a bit higher to get a better view, but not really high
Off-Road Capability
Heated-Steering Wheel
Easy and cheap to fix
Ruggedness
No worries about pot-holes
I can run over curbs
When it's warm/sunny I can push a button which slides the top back all the way past the rear passenger
Does great in the snow
Does great in the mud
Adaptive cruise control doesn't false brake. It does what it does without drama or trying to do too much.
Can go 400+ miles on a single tank of gas
CarPlay
Wipers that are really adjustable and actually work
It's kinda gnarly looking.
AM Radio - Kidding

Hates:
No Tank Mode - It's almost 2020. We need a Tank Mode for Offroad Vehicles.
The dealer I bought it from
No 360 degree down facing camera view (other ICE vehicles have it, but not this one)
Not an EV
Requires Maintenance - Whatever the hell that is. :p
Not quick
So many buttons
Ridiculously difficult to enter in the destination into the nav
I have to take it in to fix a rattle behind me, but I can't tell what's rattling as it's like the entire thing is rattling back there
Gas Stations
That white stuff that comes out this thing called an exhaust especially during the winter. I fee like apologizing to the person behind me for it's ridiculousness.
To save on gas the engine turns off at the stop light. Heck it will even turn off when I'm waiting to take a right turn with the blinkers on. Sure it starts up quickly, but ughh.
Having to hit the brake even for slow braking. Bah.

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
3.2 lbs per hp.

lwSqZGO.jpg

Reactions: GSP and strykeroz
I can fit two longboards and a mini-mal inside as well as three mates (or the family) , and can easily travel to places where it's just not practical in my Model 3 (no charging of any sort at random remote beaches or most campsites, and damn sure no fast chargers anywhere nearby).

Also I can teach my kid to adjust valve clearances and check timing and stuff.

Still has a purpose for me, for sure.

My Prius and Volt are both in year 6+ so have the lowest excise tax rate of 0.4% of MSRP.
They are both paid for, and reasonable for running costs, so are much cheaper than buying a new car.

But I've had my Prius almost 10 years, so should it fail at this point, it'll be a good excuse to replace it with a BEV. However, I don't think it'll fail any time soon. A great thing is that doesn't really feel old in the way our Sable wagon did 10 years ago. Smart key drivers door that always unlocks, push button start that always turns on and I think it still has the original 12V. There is an issue, but it's just feels "wrong" rather than "old".

Last edited:
The thing I like about my old ICE car is that it is cheap to insure. My demographics (age, location, driving record) make it so if I were to buy anything from this decade, the fuel savings would be negated by the substantial increase in insurance costs. I’ve been quoted $250/month for a 5 year old Prius from multiple providers :(