Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Something You Love About Your ICE Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 costs me less to insure than the Prius I had before it.

Comparing insurance rates, even among members of the same household is an exercise in confusion. In your case you may save insurance on a Model 3 versus a Prius. Average price of a Model 3 policy under my name? $500-700/mo is what numerous providers have told me.

I have the opportunity to enrich the dealer with expensive oil changes and useless emissions inspections. But they probably give their profits to charity, I assume. Oh and last fall I took it in for routine maintenance and assumed they would take care of the outstanding recall. Months later after many manufacturer e-mails i figured out they didn't. Fortunately the airbag didn't explode and send hard shards into my face in the meantime (which is what the recall was for),

20191007_130132.jpg
Having to grip to make turns is great exercise for your hands.

I still enjoy "rowing" paddling through gears and the sound of a sweet motor at 7k. But 95% of the time I enjoy the convenience of an electric car. There will always be a segment of car lovers that enjoy the quickness of a car like a MS AND the sound of a Ferrari or Maserati. I wont be buying a commuter daily driver ICE, but good luck tearing my 4.2l V8 from my hands :)

Love the handling, steering, sound, manual gearbox of my Lotus Elise. The scream of the supercharger never gets old. But sadly I can’t stretch it’s legs where I moved to. Never considered selling it until recently with the Model 3. But it’s just too cool of a car and you can’t replace it with anything worth having for the money. Im Growing tired of yearly inspections. But I guess that’s not really the cars fault.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Love the handling, steering, sound, manual gearbox of my Lotus Elise. The scream of the supercharger never gets old. But sadly I can’t stretch it’s legs where I moved to. Never considered selling it until recently with the Model 3. But it’s just too cool of a car and you can’t replace it with anything worth having for the money. Im Growing tired of yearly inspections. But I guess that’s not really the cars fault.

Are parts for the Lotus Elise easy to find ?

Are parts for the Lotus Elise easy to find ?
Drivetrain is very easy (Toyota/Yamaha drivetrain). Otherwise I haven’t needed any parts in the decade of ownership. There’s a very strong aftermarket.

I actually have a spare front end (everything forward of the doors) as a buddy got backed into and it out a small crack in a fake body line. It’s repairable so I took the old one off his hands (insurance replaced it). Back then that part was 10k. I’ve done motor work, new clutch, supercharger, wheels/tires, shifter modifications, rear clam hinge, and all of my own maintenance. (Speaking of that I’ve got a big one coming up. Dreading it)

Drivetrain is very easy (Toyota/Yamaha drivetrain). Otherwise I haven’t needed any parts in the decade of ownership. There’s a very strong aftermarket.

I actually have a spare front end (everything forward of the doors) as a buddy got backed into and it out a small crack in a fake body line. It’s repairable so I took the old one off his hands (insurance replaced it). Back then that part was 10k. I’ve done motor work, new clutch, supercharger, wheels/tires, shifter modifications, rear clam hinge, and all of my own maintenance. (Speaking of that I’ve got a big one coming up. Dreading it)

That's good to hear. It's getting harder and harder to find parts for my NSX. Several Honda and Acura parts employees told me the bulk of the parts were lost during the Tsunami that hit Japan in 2011. Most of the parts that are still available now command a nice premium, which is why a lot of us stock up on parts when they become available for sale (not including the normal maintenance parts).

That's good to hear. It's getting harder and harder to find parts for my NSX. Several Honda and Acura parts employees told me the bulk of the parts were lost during the Tsunami that hit Japan in 2011. Most of the parts that are still available now command a nice premium, which is why a lot of us stock up on parts when they become available for sale (not including the normal maintenance parts).
Oh dang! Those cars are so majestic. They were so under appreciated for so long.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL