Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post-Test Drive Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone already posted this, but (on the US versions at least) there's an icon in the top right of the nav screen and touching it will cycle through the three settings

North up
Track up
The entire route

It sounds like you were on the third one, it's a wiggly line. Can't remember the other two offhand, but *maybe* a compass for North up and the V thing for Track up

In any even, on the next test drive, just try cycling through them and see if it makes a difference

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Someone already posted this, but (on the US versions at least) there's an icon in the top right of the nav screen and touching it will cycle through the three settings

North up
Track up
The entire route

It sounds like you were on the third one, it's a wiggly line. Can't remember the other two offhand, but *maybe* a compass for North up and the V thing for Track up

In any even, on the next test drive, just try cycling through them and see if it makes a difference
Top left for us in UK.

To OP

Also, bottom right (in UK), icon for superchargers & a few other things, but only when you touch the screen I think.

Page 125

Left-hand drive version
- top - map type (North up, forward up, whole route)
- superchargers
- settings
1639127024206.png

I'm just sitting here in the USA jealous of the EAP option. Might pay for it just for the novelty of summon, mess around with friends. And auto lane change would be great, not fun waking up my wife all the time with the dumb tones every time I change lanes. The signal/cancel AP/change lanes/ re engage AP sequence is really easy, becomes a habit, but the damn tones are annoying. Even with the sounds lowered (Joe Mode, WTH, who writes these names?) it's still annoying, especially on long late evening drives home with the wife and kids sleeping.

I'm just sitting here in the USA jealous of the EAP option. Might pay for it just for the novelty of summon, mess around with friends. And auto lane change would be great, not fun waking up my wife all the time with the dumb tones every time I change lanes. The signal/cancel AP/change lanes/ re engage AP sequence is really easy, becomes a habit, but the damn tones are annoying. Even with the sounds lowered (Joe Mode, WTH, who writes these names?) it's still annoying, especially on long late evening drives home with the wife and kids sleeping.

Apparently some countries require a bingbong tone even when switching into/out of cruise! (thankfully when that was added to software it came with an option to turn it off) Too many bingbongs on modern cars generally in my opinion and Tesla must be at the front of the field in that respect. I would love to quiet them down way lower than you get with "Joe mode". Ironically a sound that I do want to hear is my indicator click and that is rather quiet. (I think partly because the SR+ doesn't have the ear level speakers activated ... and partly me suffering the consequences of having listened to too much loud music in my youth!)

Reactions: OxBrew
it's still annoying, especially on long late evening drives home with the wife and kids sleeping.

Here's a solution to that:

(1) Wait for a nice long straight stretch of open road
(2) Check the rear view mirror to confirm you're the only vehicle on that bit of road
(3) Jam on the brakes and simultaneously scream "Noooooooooooooooo!!!"

Chimes when you change lanes will no longer wake her up as I guarantee she won't be sleeping any more

Here's a solution to that:

(1) Wait for a nice long straight stretch of open road
(2) Check the rear view mirror to confirm you're the only vehicle on that bit of road
(3) Jam on the brakes and simultaneously scream "Noooooooooooooooo!!!"

Chimes when you change lanes will no longer wake her up as I guarantee she won't be sleeping any more
lol. AKA helpful strategies for initiating divorce, or at least spending a month in the guest house/basement/office.

I got that one from a mate of mine who was a travelling salesman and they had to go to quarterly meetings, so to save expenses, they'd club together and all ride in the same car. The rule was that the people in the back could do whatever they wanted, but the guy in the pax seat had to stay awake to help keep the driver awake

Well of course after one long, tedious day my mate was driving them home late at night and he noticed they were ALL asleep, so he checked it was clear and jammed on the brakes while simultaneously screaming.

He told me the other three all sat bolt upright with eyes like saucers for the rest of the trip - and the thing is, knowing this guy, I believe he really did it

I got that one from a mate of mine who was a travelling salesman and they had to go to quarterly meetings, so to save expenses, they'd club together and all ride in the same car. The rule was that the people in the back could do whatever they wanted, but the guy in the pax seat had to stay awake to help keep the driver awake

Well of course after one long, tedious day my mate was driving them home late at night and he noticed they were ALL asleep, so he checked it was clear and jammed on the brakes while simultaneously screaming.

He told me the other three all sat bolt upright with eyes like saucers for the rest of the trip - and the thing is, knowing this guy, I believe he really did it
I am so tempted. There are a couple drives we do all the time where the whole family sleeps. I have set stops for extra coffee, I've had to pull over a couple times for 10 minute naps, it's contagious.