Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post v11 FSDb all firmware releases to include FSDb (rumor)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One potential interpretation of "single stack" is "just" having FSD Beta's city streets driving behavior only replace what Navigate on Autopilot has handled with the legacy stack.

Yeah, I think v11 will try to replace all the legacy stacks with occupancy networks, and multiframe "movie" imputs. Here's:

FSD Beta V11 Release Notes

-Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old. The legacy highway stack still relies on several single-camera and single-frame networks, and was setup to handle simple lane-specific maneuvers. FSD Beta’s multi-camera video networks and next-gen planner, that allows for more complex agent interactions with less reliance on lanes, make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.

Reactions: harrydijkstra
I have searched and have not found a clear answer. When FSD Version 11 rolls out, if you do not have full FSD will you see any difference/benefits in regular Auto Pilot?
No one knows for sure but it will likely be at best 6 months to a year before the legacy stack is completely replaced. When V11 rolls out it will almost certainly be a HUGE step backwards in so many aspects that will need LOTS of testing and tweaking before it becomes on par to the legacy AP Stack in all areas.

In all likelihood Beta tests will be able to switch back and forth between them since if going on a trip you won't want to use the unstable new V11 Stack for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Yeah, I think v11 will try to replace all the legacy stacks with occupancy networks, and multiframe "movie" imputs. Here's:

FSD Beta V11 Release Notes

-Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old. The legacy highway stack still relies on several single-camera and single-frame networks, and was setup to handle simple lane-specific maneuvers. FSD Beta’s multi-camera video networks and next-gen planner, that allows for more complex agent interactions with less reliance on lanes, make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.

When it says...

make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.

...that language sounds a little ominous, like "we're using the new planner, but you're going to have wait before it actually gets good." If they're saying "smooth control" is coming later, what does that say about the current version?

No one knows for sure but it will likely be at best 6 months to a year before the legacy stack is completely replaced. When V11 rolls out it will almost certainly be a HUGE step backwards in so many aspects that will need LOTS of testing and tweaking before it becomes on par to the legacy AP Stack in all areas.

In all likelihood Beta testes will be able to switch back and forth between them since if going on a trip you won't want to use the unstable new V11 Stack for a while.

Sign reading and map speed limits already terrible on the legacy stack. They have a lot of catching up to do...

Attachments

• 1672936298642.png
    1672936298642.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: jebinc
Hi. I’m waiting more than a month and Tesla has not delivered the FSD update. Customer service takes messages but nothing gets done. From what I’ve read being that I update every new update my software needs to be rolled back to get full FSD.

Hi. I’m waiting more than a month and Tesla has not delivered the FSD update. Customer service takes messages but nothing gets done. From what I’ve read being that I update every new update my software needs to be rolled back to get full FSD.
If you have 2023.x.x software then you will have to wait. There is no way to rollback and Service can't help you. For now don't install any new updates until the FSD Beta passes your current version. Unfortunately V11.3 looks to be on 2022.x.x but hopefully that will change by release.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
"available" meaning if you work for Tesla as a tester of it- otherwise not.

Currently the EU heavily regulates ADAS systems-- even basic AP features that have been fully available everywhere else for many years are nerfed in europe... (they restrict the amount of steering angle basic AP can apply for example).

Most recent update on this I'm aware of is:

Alternatively Teslascope, in the wake of being wrong about a HW4 delivered vehicle a few days ago, now posted some other "leaked" info last night that you can take with as much salt as you might wish, saying

""Tesla rekindled the conversation with regulators in the EU and UK last year regarding Full Self-Driving deployment to customers.

"Their new goal is 2024 to meet proposal dates."