Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your biggest F&*# ups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, I feel your pain there!

The second day I had my Porsche Macan (it's sitting in the driveway, waiting to go back upon its lease term now that I have the M3), I closed the garage door while the rear hatch was open. There's an arm that sticks down from the garage door and it hit the lip of the rear hatch. Brand stinkin new. Ugh.

On the Tesla, it picked up a rub on the front corner of the bumper from a cone in my first autocross with it that I'm having a little trouble getting out. It got that beauty mark with less than 100 miles on it. No regrets! :)

• Love
Reactions: BennyMountfort
I know this is the Model 3 forum but...

The day after taking delivery of my Model S, I was driving it through a park and I saw a small tree branch on the road. I figured the best thing to do (given speed, the width of the road, etc.) was let it go under the car between the tires. But I misjudged the width of the car. So that branch got run over by the front-left tire, got kicked up, and whacked the drivers door, giving me a self-inflicted door-ding on a day-old Tesla.

Bruce.

Do they make bong holders for the back seat of the 3?
Maybe in green states. You spill one, sorry just one of those days.
I was sitting in the back seat and drinking mini's, cannot stand my wife's
drive'n. Road trip, get lost and I jump out smashing the door into a chain link
very small spot but carry on.

upload_2020-10-7_13-3-8.jpeg

You know, I actually went and looked online for a copyright free stock photo of a late-20s woman and was going to say (very jokingly) that she was my daughter. The implication being that she was my biggest f-up. But sanity and decorum stopped me. I'm glad to see that somebody else thought along these lines but didn't change their mind at the last minute.

P.S. Actually I'm very proud of her and her older sister as well.

One of my biggest mistakes was turning on chill mode just to see what it was like.

... never again.

I had a Performance Model 3 and LR X. Perhaps with a RWD 3 it’s not so stupid fast.

Both in Chill mode 99%.

Still faster than any car I’ve owned. And still fast enough to cause the shudder problem on Model X even on low height.

I don’t need to drive it like a 16 year old that just got his license. I did that when I was 16 and lived to tell about it amazingly enough.

I had a Performance Model 3 and LR X. Perhaps with a RWD 3 it’s not so stupid fast.

Both in Chill mode 99%.

Still faster than any car I’ve owned. And still fast enough to cause the shudder problem on Model X even on low height.

I don’t need to drive it like a 16 year old that just got his license. I did that when I was 16 and lived to tell about it amazingly enough.

Different strokes for different folks, of course... but I agree wholeheartedly with you. It's why I have all of the FSD & EAP upgrades available on both our 3 & X, but not the Boost upgrade. Got all the speed I need.