Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your Brand new P85D pictures here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asked a Tesla Rep who called and asked me if I would take the "Range Upgrade" option for the car that I had ordered. He said (although in a not very sure tone) that Michelin PS3S would come in P85D's and Continental (no mention of the model) would come in 85D's and 70D's.

Continentals (ContiSportContact 5, I believe, though I think there were also some ExtremeContact DWs) have always come with the 21" wheels. I've never heard of Continentals being used on the 19" wheels. While it's always possible that a change was made, I'm a bit skeptical of the response you got. (Not your fault -- more than half the time, we know more than the Tesla guys do!)

To clarify, there are two variables at play here: the model number (70D, 85D, P85D) and the size of the wheels (19" or 21"). To my knowledge -- and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong -- in the past for Hong Kong cars, the tires you got varied only according to the size of the wheel you got. That is, if you got 19" wheels, you would get the same tires whether you got a 60 or a P85. I'm especially curious to see whether that has changed with the Ds. That is, even with the same 19" wheels, you would get one type of tire if you got a 70D and another type of tire if you got the P85D.

Last edited:
Continentals (ContiSportContact 5, I believe, though I think there were also some ExtremeContact DWs) have always come with the 21" wheels. I've never heard of Continentals being used on the 19" wheels. While it's always possible that a change was made, I'm a bit skeptical of the response you got. (Not your fault -- more than half the time, we know more than the Tesla guys do!)

Will only know when the 70D and 85D batches arrive HK.

First SC.jpg

My First Supercharging

Given me to have another choice again, I would get the 85D instead of P85D. A week ago, I was wondering should I get the ludicrous mode upgrade, now I am quite certain I don't need that. I drive to work everyday, most of the time I am battling with is not Ferraris or McLarens, but Toyota Crown Taxis try to cut your lane right at the tunnel entrance. And the wide but fast didn't give me any advantage over them.

Okay, here goes ...

Absolutely amazing.

I see that you haven't got our Charged Hong Kong sticker on the windshield yet, we have this QR code sticker on the windshield which allows members to send SMS to on another, especially when supercharger is full and you are waiting. Check out the webpage for more detail: Vehicle Owner Messaging | Charged Hong Kong

Well spotted, I'll get onto it immediately. Was delighted to get straight into a SC slot in Olympic this evening, but 3 MS fully charged and someone behind me missed an opportunity. I was in-and-out in 20 mins (stayed with car) and, to be fair, by the time I left two others had gone so not unreasonable in fact.