Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your data logger stats!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Boourns

Mar 9, 2016
Dallas
I created this thread to post and discuss our monthly driving stats. I brought this up in the TeslaFi thread, but all data loggers are welcome!

I'll start with my August 2016:

Driving stats
Drives: 120
Miles driven: 1324.7
Time spent driving (hr:min): 46:49 (Wow, I spent 2 days driving).

Efficiency
Wh/m: 329

Charging stats
Home charges: 29
Home kWh added: 454.68
Home charging cost: $54.85
Supercharges: 0 :(
Supercharging kWh added: 0
Supercharging $ saved: $0
Other charges: 2
Other kWh added: 21.32
Other $ saved: $2.49

If I still had my ICE, which got about 30 mpg, I would have spent somewhere around $88 in gas with it being around $2/gallon. So overall I saved about $34. If you don't count the much higher car payment, it's a great deal! :D

Fun thread idea, @Boourns. Plus I love your user name. Here's my stats for July and August:

upload_2016-9-1_15-50-53.png

upload_2016-9-1_15-50-47.png

Looks like my efforts to drive with AC turned off and the windows rolled down have been improving my efficiency between July and August! I can't remember when I started doing it, but it's been noticeable in the efficiency data.

Are these TeslaFi screenshots or can I retrieve this data somewhere?
I started a manual log but this is nicer......and probably easier too.

It'd be nice if the icon of your car identified its full model for comp purposes.

You must have charging at work. I miss that from when I lived in Austin and had a Leaf. The only thing better than driving an EV is driving one for free.
Yup. There's a handful of 20 amp 110 volt plugs in the structure at work but the growing number of plugin Priuses showing up now seems to be overloading things so many outlets are now not working so it's been interesting seeing the dynamic change for people using them. In any case, I've driven 8200 miles since February (twice my normal amount from my last car) and have only paid about $85 of charging at home so far. Not too shabby.

Reactions: jvonbokel

It'd be nice if the icon of your car identified its full model for comp purposes.

Yep they from the TeslaFi home screen. Head over to that thread to ask for an invite.

Here are my June and July stats:

june.PNG

july.PNG

Last edited:

I added the model number to the view and the icon will change between a Model S and a Model X. Signup is now located directly on the homepage at TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X Data Logger.

• Love
Reactions: jvonbokel
TeslaAug2016.jpg

Missing at least a week's worth of data (8-12 Aug and some other days too). No idea what is "up" with the Efficiency; charging at work is not apparent, dunno if that is related? Difference in the ODO readings for start / end of the month is 2410, so 25%-ish missing :(

This journey was particularly impressive - both for distance and terrain covered on a single charge, and the total trip Regen, although looking at the Map it's clearly downhill all the way !!

TeslaAug2016b.jpg

(that page does have the message "Drive contains missing data due to internet loss while driving. Currently working on a better way to display this data" :) )

• Funny
Reactions: brantse
View attachment 193627
Missing at least a week's worth of data (8-12 Aug and some other days too). No idea what is "up" with the Efficiency; charging at work is not apparent, dunno if that is related? Difference in the ODO readings for start / end of the month is 2410, so 25%-ish missing :(

This journey was particularly impressive - both for distance and terrain covered on a single charge, and the total trip Regen, although looking at the Map it's clearly downhill all the way !!

View attachment 193632
(that page does have the message "Drive contains missing data due to internet loss while driving. Currently working on a better way to display this data" :) )

what's you username on the site? I've never seen any missing data before and want to look into it.

Sorry, should have been more clear. Fairly sure that the data loss was not related to the TeslaFi APP but to services that were down at the time. TeslaLog also has missing data for that period. TeslaLog has one piece of data in the middle of the outage period, but its garbage (correct journey distance of 88miles, but final location is showing as 100 yards away! and journey end time is showing as the start of the return journey - the return journey is not logged at all). In case it tallies with other user's outage times: this was 08-11 Aug (inclusive). Aug-15 is also missing, and on Aug-16 TeslaFi has all journeys but TeslaLog only has evening return journey from work (so maybe their connection was still recovering until sometime during the day)

Might it be worthwhile creating a "missing data" record if the ODO does not match the previous recorded value?

I'll send you an Email with my User ID