Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your data logger stats!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jumping the gun by 20 minutes here, but may as well start the September round for folks who were sharing their data logger stats.

upload_2016-9-30_23-39-57.png

September stats, excluding the first few days that were part of my road trip:
859.4 miles
210.1 kWh used
244 Wh/mi

The TeslaFi stats include road trip info.
My road trip stats are:
5429.6 miles
1625.9 kWh used
299 Wh/mi

My August stats for the 4 days with the car before the road trip began are:
236.1 miles
59.6 kWh
252 Wh/mi

@hybridbear, what tricks do you use to get your efficiency and Wh/m so low?
To me my Wh/mi is high! I averaged 239 Wh/mi in my Focus Electric over 27,000 miles during the lease. During the non-winter months (like October) I would average 195-210 Wh/mi over the month. I knew the Tesla would use more energy because its MPGe EPA ratings are lower, but I didn't think it would use 20-25% more electricity.

As far as efficiency, I accelerate gently, rarely exceeding 50 kW on my dash power meter. I also brake gently, rarely braking hard enough to engage the brake lights per the pic of the car on the instrument cluster. I don't speed, usually not going more than 5 MPH over the speed limit. I also extensively use the Tesla app to pre-heat or pre-cool the car before I get in to drive. This allows me to usually drive with the HVAC completely off. This way I'm not giving up any energy to HVAC.

Some people might think my gentle driving is boring. But I didn't buy a Tesla for power. I bought the 60D, the 2nd lowest power model. I bought a Tesla mostly for Autopilot. And to make those long-distance drives work I need high efficiency.

Reactions: rfmurphy81