Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just under a week since picking up at Bluewater.

In general, very pleased and glad that I traded in my 2019 Model 3, but have booked service for a few niggles:

- rear number plate not central
- rear fan noisy
- boot does not automatically open fully
- poor door alignment on both sides
- sensors do not appear to be flush

Unfortunately, the nearest SC is over an hour's drive away.

Also noticed a few other negatives:

- rear middle seat is very firm
- lip on rear bumper is a magnet for dirt and water stains
- carpets seem poorer quality and fit than previous Model 3
- omitting the console organiser and cargo cover is penny pinching
- can't set up neat wired phone charging

The above do not outweigh the many positives but do detract from a 100% positive experience.

Just under a week since picking up at Bluewater.

In general, very pleased and glad that I traded in my 2019 Model 3, but have booked service for a few niggles:

- rear number plate not central
- rear fan noisy
- poor door alignment on both sides
- sensors do not appear to be flush

Unfortunately, the nearest SC is over an hour's drive away.

Also noticed a few other negatives:

- rear middle seat is very firm
- lip on rear bumper is a magnet for dirt and water stains
- carpets seem poorer quality and fit than previous Model 3
- omitting the console organiser and cargo cover is penny pinching
- can't set up neat wired phone charging

The above do not outweigh the many positives but do detract from a 100% positive experience.

You can configure this yourself. Just open it fully manually and press the button for 2 seconds you would hear a chime and then it would open to that level from then on.

Bluewater lunch time. Lucky I had my daghter with me otherwise I'd still be stuck on the roof trying to figure out the touchscreen commands. Because it was on the roof it had birdshite and grime all over. However seeing how the cleaning crew were wiping old rags over other cars, I'm glad they missed mine. Went to a hand car wash and it looks great. Got bored with the checklist within one paragraph. It looks fine. everything seems to work except that I cannot got my phone to act as a key, just endlessly says 'connecting' - a lie. Drove it back to Hackney to drop the girl off and then across to Westfield for a charge. It came with 40% but I filled it to 90% as we're on the road tomorrow. Westfield gives you an hour's free parking if you check in at the Tesla showroom. Just enough time to get from 27-90%. Total joy to drive on traffic aware cruise control with 10% over limit set. Regen braking fine within a few minutes. The auto thing gets a bit freaked out by bicycles/mopeds but I hover my foot over the accelerator ready for overrides. Overall a total joy to drive.
delivery.jpg

Has anyone else had issues connecting their phone to the car to act as a key? In the car, under 'locks' it claims mobile access is enabled but in my phone app it says it's disabled and hangs trying to connect. Aha I thought, try disabling mobile access and switching it on again. If I try to disable mobile access it wants my Tesla account log in details, which I provide and then it hangs. Dashed annoying what?

Picked up my entry into #teamblue on Saturday, very good experience and only a single niggle, some bubbling in the PPF. Fortunately the delivery team now seem to be avoiding even trying to wash down cars on the in parking lot, which was definitely a good thing for us as the car was caked in the Saharan dust that landed a few days before from the storm. A hand wash later and it's sparkling, no paint issues.

IMG_4973.jpg

Picked up my entry into #teamblue on Saturday, very good experience and only a single niggle, some bubbling in the PPF. Fortunately the delivery team now seem to be avoiding even trying to wash down cars on the in parking lot, which was definitely a good thing for us as the car was caked in the Saharan dust that landed a few days before from the storm. A hand wash later and it's sparkling, no paint issues.

View attachment 783830

Very nice indeed. Same spec I’ve ordered, looks great. I think the blue combines well with the Gemini wheels.

View attachment 783830
Looks great. And a very similar experience to my collection. Out of interest, did you book in to get the PPF bubbles sorted? Mine has literally two bubbles, one on each side, and I'm really not sure I can be effed to log it and have someone come out...

Looks great. And a very similar experience to my collection. Out of interest, did you book in to get the PPF bubbles sorted? Mine has literally two bubbles, one on each side, and I'm really not sure I can be effed to log it and have someone come out...
I certainly did hesitate on doing a service request for just this issue, but at the same time, it's a problem I would definitely struggle to resolve without some time and effort. Given it's something that a mobile service can resolve, and I'll get to see how that side of Tesla works too, and it's a £50k+ purchase, I figured that I should make sure the car is perfect. If I had to take it to a Service Centre I might not be so fussed...

I certainly did hesitate on doing a service request for just this issue, but at the same time, it's a problem I would definitely struggle to resolve without some time and effort. Given it's something that a mobile service can resolve, and I'll get to see how that side of Tesla works too, and it's a £50k+ purchase, I figured that I should make sure the car is perfect. If I had to take it to a Service Centre I might not be so fussed...
Yep, can totally see that argument - it really should be spot on. Just grateful that seems to be the only issue, on an otherwise faultless build (*touches all available wood*)

Reactions: gorghimself