Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems HK early batch customers all got offered a retro refit including fitting of new side panels. If that’s eventually offered in the UK too I’m more than happy with everything else of the first lot of cars delivered today
1644930386514.png

The HK cars have different mouldings ready for the shelf to sit on. Dont think the UK cars do?

Reactions: drewpost
I think the term double glazing is misleading as it's clear the second pane is bonded to the first and not as thick.. not what the average person would describe as double glazed - hence us disagreeing even given pictures to compare!
Agreed, very misleading but having something else bonded to the first pane is an 'upgrade' from the earlier ones that don't imo. Curious to know if the rear is different to the front?

Reactions: Silox
Maybe we should have tick sheet of changes?

Pinched this from online
  • Bigger battery pack (82kWh instead of ~75kWh) - TBC
  • Windshield wiper defrost - Yes
  • Double-paned windows (front) - Yes
  • Double-paned windows (rear) – Yes - laminated glass
  • AMD processor - Yes
  • Lithium-ion 12V battery - TBC
  • Cargo cover – Looking like NO

Last edited:
Maybe we should have tick sheet of changes?

Pinched this from online
  • Bigger battery pack (82kWh instead of ~75kWh)
  • Exterior speaker (Boombox)
  • Windshield wiper defrost
  • Double-paned windows (front) - Yes
  • Double-paned windows (rear) – Possibly Yes
  • AMD processor
  • Lithium-ion 12V battery
  • USB in the glove box for Sentry Mode + free thumb drive
  • Cargo cover – Looking like NO
Exterior speaker will be there. As it’s a new model it’s a legal requirement I believe. 3 has been coming with them for some time.

3 also been coming with the glove box USB + thumb drive for a while

Reactions: dog299
Just got home via the cribbs causeway supercharger. Managed to squeeze it alongside my old (and soon to be gone) car on the drive. so much more tech than I'm used to.
Need to get used to letting off the accelerator slower!
Foot to the floor was frankly terrifying on the M4.
They left some jaffa cakes in the car for me....
Could hear a small rattle from passenger door. Need to check that out. Might have just been something in the door bin.
Boot seems pretty nice sized and cabin and rear seats seems spacious compared to my A4 estate.

To be honest, if you have not been to bristol aerospace it's cool but I had been before.
Tesla didn't actually do anything exciting other than introducing some people and make us wait about a bit with a pastry and a coffee.
Quite a few people were in a hurry and once you had signed in you could just go outside and take the car.

Because our cars were all 30-50% they said if you supercharge in the first 24 hours you can claim back.
I topped up at cribbs. £14 to get to 82%. loads of spaces and 4 or 5 of the Model Y from the pickup were there chatting.

To be honest the weather really dampened it. If it had been dry I'd have wandered about and chatted to Tesla and other owners. but it was completely pissing it down and so you had to be IN the car with the door shut.

On the plus side. It looks amazing and I am very happy!