Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car a bit wet from getting in at aerospace.

PXL_20220215_121806584.jpg
PXL_20220215_125451441.jpg
PXL_20220215_125433019.jpg
PXL_20220215_121901933.jpg

I only supercharged to 82% didn't check and drove home. now at like 75%.
Quite funny at the supercharger a Model3 and 2 of the ModelY's were smoking out of the front while charging.
Looked a bit scary!
Can't get Wifi to work yet. Wonder if it's 2.4 vs 5Ghz. I don't allow 2.4 at the moment.
I highly doubt it supports 5Ghz connectivity. Maybe open up a 2.4Ghz network just for the car?

I highly doubt it supports 5Ghz connectivity. Maybe open up a 2.4Ghz network just for the car?
Everything I've read would lead me to believe the car supports 5Ghz. Would be an odd thing to omit these days. It could be a software bug, or a bands problem. My wife's laptop has 5ghz but it's antenna does not pick up some of the lower (maybe higher, been a while since I looked) bands so it had a lot of connection problems until I restricted our router. No connection problems since.

I'll have another go tomorrow then. Not sure why it's failing.
It is known to not be the best with weaker signals from past experience. I ended up putting a power line adaptor and access point in my garage in order to get a consistent signal. My phone can pick up my house access point but the Tesla wasn't always seeing it. You might want to rig something to a mains outlet next to your window behind the car there.

I ended up creating a unique SSID for the car access point so my devices wouldn't try to hang on to it when I went from the garage to the house.