Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I highly doubt it supports 5Ghz connectivity. Maybe open up a 2.4Ghz network just for the car?
On the contrary, I'd think it extremely difficult to find a chip that supports 2.4Ghz and not 5Ghz these days, I'd say with pretty good confidence it will support 5Ghz. The model 3 supports both too.

Also, FWIW 2.4Ghz will penetrate walls better, so you may have better luck reaching the car on 2.4Ghz anyway...

Reactions: RGZoro
Can we extend this thread to also include Model 3 day 1 pics? Or is there a dedicated thread for that?

I've joined many car forums over the years, and this is the first where there appear to be no 'Show us your model 3' type threads. It adds to the excitement and anticipation to see other people's new pride and joy.

Can we extend this thread to also include Model 3 day 1 pics? Or is there a dedicated thread for that?

I've joined many car forums over the years, and this is the first where there appear to be no 'Show us your model 3' type threads. It adds to the excitement and anticipation to see other people's new pride and joy.
Yes go for it please! May be moderator can amend the title of the thread.

You'll make all the Model Y's look fat though.

Do people take the 3-pin charger on trips?
I do. It's the only time I use it! I have a Type 2 charger at home but we tend to go to holiday homes for a couple of weeks in the summer and I use that plus a long tough leads extension cable with inline RCD to keep the car charged. Worked a treat in France in 2020 and was an absolute lifesaver in Dartmoor this past summer where public charging was nowhere to be found.

absolute lifesaver in Dartmoor this past summer where public charging was nowhere to be found
Off-topic, sorry: Interesting. I'm off to Dartmoor (national park) this weekend for a few days. Plan is to go and put a 90% charge in at Darts farm supercharger on the way down and hopefully that'll see me through a couple of trips. Then likely another charge there on the way home.