Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I can say that I am now the proud owner of Y in W/B/19.

First of biggest regret is not getting 20” wheels.

Ride quality is fine, I drove back to home 157 miles away and not an issue at all. I would actually say it was similar to M3. And certainly no harsher than one of my GLCs. Road noise was not bad at all, driving in battering rain and wind and was still able to hear.

Also, car was on 80% charge. Indicating 253 miles range but got home and it wasn’t far off the prediction.

The boot space is immense, I will say that the display, dash, doors are all the same as model 3. Everything else feels better quality! The mirrors, seats, lights, seated view and the sound are much better quality. Also weirdly the regen was staggeringly better than my 21 M3.

Sound proof windows rear ✅
Heated wipers ✅
Hepa bio filter ✅
Ryzen processor ✅
Parcel shelf 🚫
PPF ✅ (although poorly applied!)

Any questions feel free to ask

Last edited:

Ride quality is fine, I drove back to home 157 miles away and not an issue at all. I would actually say it was similar to M3. And certainly no harsher than one of my GLCs. Road noise was not bad at all, driving in battering rain and wind and was still able to hear.

Also, car was on 80% charge. Indicating 253 miles range but got home and it wasn’t far off the prediction.

The boot space is immense, I will say that the display, dash, doors are all the same as model 3. Everything else feels better quality! The mirrors, seats, lights, seated view and the sound are much better quality. Also weirdly the regen was staggeringly better than my 21 M3.

Heated wipers ✅
Hepa bio filter ✅
Ryzen processor ✅
Parcel shelf ✅

You have a parcel shelf?!

Heated wipers ✅
Hepa bio filter ✅
Ryzen processor ✅
Parcel shelf ✅

USB-c ports working? Did you go through the whole checklist on the forum?

Heated wipers ✅
Hepa bio filter ✅
Ryzen processor ✅
Parcel shelf ✅

You have a parcel shelf?

But as an update. The great reps from Tesla today confirmed that no cars arriving would have them and if there was a change to this and UK vehicles was to start to come with them then we can apply for them.

Did they really use the word "apply".

I can apply for many things in life, health insurance or a subscription, but usually get charged.

I do expect them to appear on the Tesla store, they probably worked out it's a good way to get extra money - bit like most accessories they sell.

Did they really use the word "apply".

I can apply for many things in life, health insurance or a subscription, but usually get charged.

I do expect them to appear on the Tesla store, they probably worked out it's a good way to get extra money - bit like most accessories they sell.
Yeah I questioned that too. He was a little bit stuck with a charge or not. He opted for not if it was a recent change.

The only thing I will say is that these cars are model year 22 and the next change would be when they change the structure of the car. He then anticipated that the cost would go up.

Reactions: s7gpt

Heated wipers ✅
Hepa bio filter ✅
Ryzen processor ✅
Parcel shelf 🚫

Can you see what payload you have? They should have increased it by 250kg from the 2021 mod. Thanks!!

Delivery day for my pride and joy in 2018 :cool:
back when Model 3s were just a pre-order dream…
68FA7860-D07C-4140-A23F-C21C6DD42BF0.jpeg