Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to put my personalised plates on yesterday when the V5 arrived, too!

1645723181578.jpeg

OK, so Ive had the car for almost a week now after collecting from Southamptons un-spectacular event and the car is fantastic. A few things people for you all:

1. Parcel shelf. Had the parcel shelf in my XC60 and it got in the way most of the time. The missus would even leave it open so we didn't even use it. TBH, I'm actually glad its not there. The privicy glass is fine for keeping stuff hidden.
2. Noise. Don't even notice anything from the rear or rattling, all I hear is the noise from outside. Normally have music on anyways so that drowns everything out.
3. 20" wheels look great with the black car. The ride quality is a little firmer compared to my XC60 but I wouldn't change it for the 19"s. Down to personal preference at the end of the day.
4. Charging. Easy peasy when you go to Tesla superchargers and so quick. Yes you pay a little more for topping up your car compared to charging at home but still cheaper than a tank of unleaded.
5. Software. Didn't upgrade the software straight away and realised that I missed out on the updated UI changes on the screen and charging stats on the phone app.
6. Gaps and alignment. No issues at all. Everything looks straight and even.
7. Autopilot. Like cruise control, keeps you in lane and maintains speed and distance with the car in front. It did a phantom brake the other day where I was passing a lorry on a motorway with no road lights. No one else around so was all good.
8. Storage. So much space! Beats all other EVs storage hands down.

This is my first EV and had some reservations about converting but I'm glad I did and glad it was the model Y.

Attachments

• 20220220_090948.jpg
    20220220_090948.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220220_090845.jpg
    20220220_090845.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220220_091044.jpg
    20220220_091044.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220220_091050.jpg
    20220220_091050.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220224_171238.jpg
    20220224_171238.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 20220220_171011.jpg
    20220220_171011.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20220224_170904.jpg
    20220224_170904.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220224_170954.jpg
    20220224_170954.jpg
    571.4 KB · Views: 104
It does look good in black. Nice to hear some feedback from an ex-XC60 owner though. I'm making the same jump, having never test-driven the MY, and I'm a wee bit nervous about the much firmer ride, despite most reviewers here saying it's fine. The XC60 on air suspension is known for being a sofa on wheels...

Reactions: Andy.MY
OK, so Ive had the car for almost a week now after collecting from Southamptons un-spectacular event and the car is fantastic. A few things people for you all:

1. Parcel shelf. Had the parcel shelf in my XC60 and it got in the way most of the time. The missus would even leave it open so we didn't even use it. TBH, I'm actually glad its not there. The privicy glass is fine for keeping stuff hidden.
2. Noise. Don't even notice anything from the rear or rattling, all I hear is the noise from outside. Normally have music on anyways so that drowns everything out.
3. 20" wheels look great with the black car. The ride quality is a little firmer compared to my XC60 but I wouldn't change it for the 19"s. Down to personal preference at the end of the day.
4. Charging. Easy peasy when you go to Tesla superchargers and so quick. Yes you pay a little more for topping up your car compared to charging at home but still cheaper than a tank of unleaded.
5. Software. Didn't upgrade the software straight away and realised that I missed out on the updated UI changes on the screen and charging stats on the phone app.
7. Autopilot. Like cruise control, keeps you in lane and maintains speed and distance with the car in front. It did a phantom brake the other day where I was passing a lorry on a motorway with no road lights. No one else around so was all good.

This is my first EV and had some reservations about converting but I'm glad I did and glad it was the model Y.
great pics and thanks as ordered same spec - due soon :)

Reactions: Andy.MY

I'm digging the "gangsta" spec you've gone for. It does suit the Model Y actually.

Can you see what the payload is? Should say on the inside of the driver door pilar.

Thanks!