Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the current Model Ys from China have front and/or rear castings?
They probably do, certainly at the rear

Idra's parent company, LK Machinery[28] held a factory tour in Shenzhen on 27 November 2019, during which a partially-complete machine was visible.[29] During the factory tour, the locally-produced Chinese machine was branded as "Impress-Plus DCC6000".[29]

By October 2020, three Impress-Plus DCC6000 machines were being assembled for Model Y production at the Giga Shanghai factory.[30] (30.872°N 121.772°E)

By one year later in October 2021, five machines were available at Giga Shanghai.[31]

They probably do, certainly at the rear

Idra's parent company, LK Machinery[28] held a factory tour in Shenzhen on 27 November 2019, during which a partially-complete machine was visible.[29] During the factory tour, the locally-produced Chinese machine was branded as "Impress-Plus DCC6000".[29]

By October 2020, three Impress-Plus DCC6000 machines were being assembled for Model Y production at the Giga Shanghai factory.[30] (30.872°N 121.772°E)

By one year later in October 2021, five machines were available at Giga Shanghai.[31]
Rear,definitely. Front, not yet, as they are being pioneered in Berlin & Austin, Texas

Reactions: Mr H
Not quite what I envisaged my first view or ‘day one’ pic would look like but there we go - could have been worse 😤

Attachments

• 80C6EE51-0D99-4F94-B8F6-58B7D4EEE724.jpeg
    80C6EE51-0D99-4F94-B8F6-58B7D4EEE724.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 133
Not quite what I envisaged my first view or ‘day one’ pic would look like but there we go - could have been worse 😤
Ouch. How did that happen? Sorry to see this. I hope the rim can be repaired. Have you maanged to find exact tyre?

I scraped one of my rims already while turning in to a road and hit a kerb. While it was getting scraped, I could feel that the rim was made with chalk than metal.

Ouch. How did that happen? Sorry to see this. I hope the rim can be repaired. Have you maanged to find exact tyre?

I scraped one of my rims already while turning in to a road and hit a kerb. While it was getting scraped, I could feel that the rim was made with chalk than metal.
Hasn't been delivered to me yet! The delivery company have either reversed into it with a transporter, or they've done this getting the car onto or off the transporter. Tyres are Hankook S1 Evo 3 EV, which are fairly common so hopefully won't take them long to get hold of one.

Hasn't been delivered to me yet! The delivery company have either reversed into it with a transporter, or they've done this getting the car onto or off the transporter. Tyres are Hankook S1 Evo 3 EV, which are fairly common so hopefully won't take them long to get hold of one.
Its their problem to sort it out then. Good. I hope they put a new rim than repair it.

Reactions: Casss
How could you tell the PPF was missing, if you don't mind me asking?

Picking my M3LR on Friday so keen to make sure I know what to look for
It’s a thick, clear sticker in the shape of a cartoon steak on the bodywork in front of the rear wheels. You’ll be able to feel the edge with your hand if you can’t see it very well.

Looking good! Hopefully you don’t have any Gen Z’ers in your household to tell you what a bussy is! Yours is more of a buzzy anyway.
You've got me googling now!! We read it as BUZZY too! We're just waiting for our cherished transfer to go through so it won't be on there too long!
------
Just googled!! :eek:
------
My children are more of the age that it's more likely to be BUZZ Lightyear!

Slightly gloomy pics from picking up Southampton this morning.
Hand-over process was easy; car is 99% faultless (a massive difference to my 2021 MIA Model 3 which was delivered with a dent, paint damage, staining on seats, loose trim, etc.). We walked in, which wasn't a problem. Tesla has their collection area, just outside the Mayflower Cruise Terminal (make sure to go around the front, not via the back gates (you should see a big white tent).

Everything compared to my MIA Model 3 is a step up, most notably the windows seal so much better, which makes it a pleasure to drive on the Motorway. Where my Model 3 had wind noise all around the drivers window (especially if you opened and closed it going above 50+mph, you'd hear windnoise for the rest of the journey as the seal wouldn't 'reset' correctly.

Staff were great, and advised that they keep getting pushback for the Winchester SuC from the local council. But hope to be up and running by the end of March.

If you want to be really nit-picky (however I'm not going to chase-up on these);
- Boot is aligned correctly/centre, but there's a good fat gap (on both sides) where the (Arm?, Top?) meets the rest of the car. But the rest of the boot fits well.
- Car was very dirty! Covered in water marks /w dirt (most likely from dirty sea rain). They were cleaning other cars on site with microfibre and spray, but it seems mine avoided that treatment (for better or worse!)
- Tyres were over-inflated to 48 PSI. Took them down to 42 once I got home
- There's a circle mark in the rear boot area. Most likely where they stored the rim covers while it was being shipped.

Very happy with it; however once getting home I completed a new software update anddd I've lost Mobile Signal in the car. Tried hard rebooting 3 times to no avail. Going to let it sleep and see if it starts working again later today!
Screenshot_4.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 97