TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Post your favorite Slacker and Tune in Radio Stations here

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Lloyd, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

#1 Lloyd, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Please post your favorite channels here for everyone to get a source list for programming their radios. Duplicate postings already listed are not necessary.

Soft Rock for me

2. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Why would anyone need a "source list for programming"? Just browse on screen.

IIRC I listen to Classic Rock on Slacker.

Tried a classic/symphony channel and was very disappointed. Everything was broken up into 5 minute snippets of "the best of" what should have been 20-60 minute concerts. Sirius/XM channel 76 gets this sort of thing right, but talks too much.

3. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

Jazz 24 on Tune In is my go to station

4. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Classic Alternative for me

5. znib

znib Member

6. swifty

swifty New Member

Did they update the software for this yet as I'm getting a lot of static while listening to Slacker.

7. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

One Hit Wonders-Slacker

8. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

The static problem with Slacker and TuneIn has been fixed in 2.9.12.

9. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

I never use any of these streaming services. I tried when I bought the car but they just wound up being disappointments: failed searches galore, bad Tesla UI, many brief outages, lousy audio quality, so-so music. On long trips it's audiobooks and/or my own music collection, with occasional brief excursions into AM/FM.

10. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Steely Dan, Clapton, Joni Mitchell, Men at Work, Gloria Estefan, various Jazz.

11. swifty

swifty New Member

Thanks for the confirmation. Will update this week.

12. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

#12 UberEV1, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Here are our favorites . . .

Slacker:
    1. Choosing your favorite artist, song or album, anytime, anywhere (almost)
    2. Stations: Party Alternative; New Alternative

Tune-In:
    1. "Latest NPR Hourly News Update" (Save as a single "favorite" and each time you select it, you get a 2~4 minute news update for that hour)
    2. TED Talks
    3. Podcasts (so many choices, but great for longer drives)
    4. Favorite traditional radio stations: KFOG (San Francisco Bay Area); XFM (London)

Recommendation: Create a free Tune-In account on your home computer, move your favorite stations & podcasts to the "My Favorites" section of your account, then set up your Tune-In login on the Tesla main screen (settings, Apps). Now when you select "Internet - Tune-In - My Favorites" on the Media window, you'll see your pre-selected favorites waiting for you. Then, if you select those as your Tesla Media player favorites (blue heart+), then they will show up in the Media player favorites section as well.

13. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

On TuneIn Radio, I enjoy 960 KIXW or 970 KNWZ for talk shows with inland CA news. I try to avoid stations that play extra commercials instead of the national show material.

A unique amazing easy listening internet radio station is Seeburg 1000 "Retro" Background Music. Here is a direct link: Seeburg 1000 - Los Angeles, CA - Listen Online

For the "live" feed or repeated telecasts 24/7, try Radio Free California Network for Tim Donnelly's take on California politics. The Alex Jones Show will give you a lot to think about as the world moves towards centralized government control.

While an account on the computer or smart phone allows TuneIn Radio stations across all your devices, a reset of the center screen may be required to finish the task if you have log-on problems with the Tesla vehicle.

14. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

I listen to ABC Lounge Music and Sven Radio on Tune-in when I want something calming and the Rachael Maddow Show podcast to keep up with US politics and the upcoming election. I have also found Tune-in versions of some of my favourite local radio stations and the quality is so much better than AM/FM that I'm willing to put up with the occasional drop out.

15. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Great thread idea....

"Old School R&B" on Slacker. You'll be surprised how good it is and you'll know most of the songs.