Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your rejected or returned MY VIN here.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have poked around and did not see a thread devoted to this. If I'm right, maybe we can make this a sticky; otherwise, this thread can be disregarded.

It might be helpful if people who rejected on delivery or returned their car due to quality control issues post the VIN and reason(s) for rejecting it. On the off chance that someone with access to this forum gets the same car down the road, I'm sure they would appreciate this information to make sure the issues were taken care of (or are not deal-breakers for them).

5YJYGDEE8LF032159 (Cherry Hill, NJ)

Returned due to panel gaps, dents on seat back, windshield gap, door alignment, drunk alignment. SC and Technician looked at it and assured me that they will fix it but the manager (not sure about tilted but my DA quit/fired and this guy replied to my emails to DA) denied and didn't accept those issues 2 days prior to my 7 day window. All those issues are nothing new that we haven't seen here. At least I wasn't fighting about color mismatch which is way more expensive to fix than mine.

5YJYGDEE8LF047583

Not rejected or returned, but there was a problem with it that they said they unassigned as that would likely be quicker than waiting for a fix. Just in case someone gets assigned it later go over it with an even finer toothed comb than usual. They said it was a “minor quality concern” but considering what passes and gets delivered to customers I have my doubts.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
5YJYGDEF7LF033750 (Brea, CA)

This one had major panel gap issue, I can stick my index finger in the driver side rear door gap. SC tried to fix it but couldn't correct the problem, at the same time they tried to fix a fish eye on the driver side door and burned the paint :rolleyes:

5YJYGDEE3LF045319 (Springfield, NJ)

I may be picky but my gut just didn't let me accept the Delivery and Service guys word that things would get fixed. Delivery guy said that it would take "some time" and would not put it on paper that it would be fixed. Front driver and passenger door handles not flush with body. Rear doors seem like they are were tilting outwards from the top causing misalignment with rest of body (viewing from the back). Rear seat not aligned (only minor issue). Massive paint overspray on left rear quarter panel behind wheel. I even cut my finger of the corner piece of metal sticking out above the rear right tailight.

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1837.jpg
    IMG_1837.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4389.jpg
    IMG_4389.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4625.jpg
    IMG_4625.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6547.jpg
    IMG_6547.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8213.jpg
    IMG_8213.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 135
5YJYGDEE3LF045319 (Springfield, NJ)

I may be picky but my gut just didn't let me accept the Delivery and Service guys word that things would get fixed. Delivery guy said that it would take "some time" and would not put it on paper that it would be fixed. Front driver and passenger door handles not flush with body. Rear doors seem like they are were tilting outwards from the top causing misalignment with rest of body (viewing from the back). Rear seat not aligned (only minor issue). Massive paint overspray on left rear quarter panel behind wheel. I even cut my finger of the corner piece of metal sticking out above the rear right tailight.

Right call imo. Those doors are some of the worst I’ve seen, including my own which were quite bad.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Returned: 5YJYGDEF8LF044434 (Mount Kisco, NY)

Lots of supporting details in a separate thread titled "Towed Back to Tesla After Driving Only 32 miles..." This occurred on delivery day. Eventually it will get a new rear drive unit, which is suspected to cause the issue which shuts off the car while it is underway.

As an fyi, I am posting a snapshot of the single piece of return paperwork that is required to enact the return policy. I haven't seen it posted elsewhere and going into the return process I thought I would have to fill out and sign a lot of paperwork. It's one signature (from each person listed on the title). It's very simple and there's no reason to have to wait any length of time for them to print it out, which happened to me (30 minutes) and has been reported by others (30 minutes to 1 hour).

The penned-in 17th VIN character is my writing as they forgot the last digit.

Attachments

• Redacted Tesla Return Declaration.jpg
    Redacted Tesla Return Declaration.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Informative
Reactions: LNL_HUTZ