Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

post your Steering / Creep / Regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Steering standard (sometimes sport)
Creep on
Regen low

Haven't seen many other low regens posted yet. Since I have way more than enough charge given my driving speed and habits I'm not concerned with maxing out battery recharge with the regen. I like the "smoother" feel of the car with low regen. Makes it much more enjoyable for me to drive. To each his own.

Sport
No Creep
Standard regen

Been that way since day one (eight months) and like it that way. With all this talk about standard and comfort steering, I may just try those again for a while just to see. Don't want anything to do with creep tho.

Sport
No Creep
Standard Regen

I did start with Creep for the first 1-2 weeks. I will probably enable Creep when I participate at this year's San Jose 4th of July Red, White, and Blue parade. The cars must travel at 2mph in the parade. I hope Model S creep isn't faster than that. :biggrin:

Sport
No Creep
Standard Regen

I did start with Creep for the first 1-2 weeks. I will probably enable Creep when I participate at this year's San Jose 4th of July Red, White, and Blue parade. The cars must travel at 2mph in the parade. I hope Model S creep isn't faster than that. :biggrin:

I don't get it. Why would you want to use creep in that situation. You'd have to hold the brakes all the time for all the little stops. I would think it would be easier to put slight pressure on the go pedal once in a while.

Historically I've been a manual-shift guy, so I was very anti-creep initially (and cross that the annual service fee included such useless features).

But I tried creep and... I like it on the Model S, if only to prevent roll-back on hill starts. Sorry Tesla, I should not have complained!

Sport steering was OK but made for a wiggly car at high speeds. Now I use Standard.

Regen full on, to save brakes, haven't tried regen off.

Sport/Creep/Low Regen

The Creep feels more natural (maybe I'll get used to it over time and change to standard). I still find in low that I. Am slowing down and seeing a lot of "green" regen. Same with the Creep on natural feel.

I have it in Sport, but have not felt much difference in my limited time with the car.