Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your Travel trailer that you tow with your Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Towed this Vintage 1959 Shasta a couple of weekend ago with our Model Y

Attachments

• 3A437BA0-C2E7-4733-82F4-1D194FE3D9FF.jpeg
    3A437BA0-C2E7-4733-82F4-1D194FE3D9FF.jpeg
    945.2 KB · Views: 357
We picked up a Sunset Park Sun-Lite 16BH yesterday. Towed it home almost 200 miles with the Y through the hills of I-81 in Virginia. I took it slow at 55 mph for the whole trip and ended up with consumption in the 550 to 575 Wh/mi range (temp 70F, dry road, stiff crosswinds). The Y did an amazing job towing, was very stable, and had plenty of power to take the ups and downs through the hills with ease. For this trip it seemed like a plan of 1% of range per mile was a good estimate for my planning purposes that allowed me to arrive at the first charging stop and at home with around 20-ish percent remaining after starting out around 90%-ish (two legs at 80 to 90 miles each). This was by far my biggest concern as I really wasn't sure what the aerodynamic profile of this particular camper was going to do to range.

IMG_0361.jpeg

We picked up a Sunset Park Sun-Lite 16BH yesterday. Towed it home almost 200 miles with the Y through the hills of I-81 in Virginia. I took it slow at 55 mph for the whole trip and ended up with consumption in the 550 to 575 Wh/mi range (temp 70F, dry road, stiff crosswinds). The Y did an amazing job towing, was very stable, and had plenty of power to take the ups and downs through the hills with ease. For this trip it seemed like a plan of 1% of range per mile was a good estimate for my planning purposes that allowed me to arrive at the first charging stop and at home with around 20-ish percent remaining after starting out around 90%-ish (two legs at 80 to 90 miles each). This was by far my biggest concern as I really wasn't sure what the aerodynamic profile of this particular camper was going to do to range.
The crosswinds obviously hurt, but it's realistic.

I'm really looking forward to the trailer industry responding to the EV community and building trailers that have better aerodynamics. There's so much that can be done to clean them up. Making a better fairing for the AC unit is a good place to start.

Reactions: bruce4000