Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

posting images

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kevin, my best advise is to use the Preview Post button. If gives what the Post will look like and an editable box below.

You can spend 5, 10, an hour, whatever you want playing around with all those icons above. Every time you click Preview it shows how what you did affects the Post.

By the way, there needs to be a YouTube button up there.

TEG, where is that help page?

Kevin, my best advise is to use the Preview Post button. If gives what the Post will look like and an editable box below

I fully recommend the preview option whenever posting anything. It is a good idea to click on posted URLs to make sure they really work before the forum at large sees them in addition to making sure images render properly. It is a good feature.

This photo does make it similar to an Austin Martin

lg_AM_RAPIDE_1_HR(1).jpg

Awesome, It worked. I now know how to imbed images!!!:cool:

I am a rebel that does not play by the rules.
That may be, but posting photos without proper credit to the photographer and without his/her permission is both inconsiderate and illegal under federal law. Photos are copyrighted property of the photographer at the moment of creation. This is a commercial web site.

Now, most people who post on Flickr and other photo sharing sites are aware that their photos may end up elsewhere, but it is still more appropriate to 1)get the photographer's permission to share the photos, 2) give proper credit up front and state outright that you have the photographer's permission to use them.

I moved these last posts here from the SpaceX thread. I know I haven't been perfect about it myself but please follow the Flickr rules. They're not that hard.
Flickr Community Guidelines specify that if you post a Flickr photo on an external website, the photo must link back to its photo page.
For the purpose of this forum, when you embed an image, if you don't own the image or don't have permission to use it, please try to provide a link to where you found it. This is so that there is at least a good faith effort to provide credit.

So here's the deal.

I had not noticed any consistancy here with other Posters doing link backs to images and never knew about Flicker's rules. I guess this came up now because the images were especially curious. (now deleted) As an imagemaker I respect and wholeheartedly agree to credit and payment for image usage. Though since we are not actually storing or selling these images here it seems a bit less grievous.

What I don't know is, why sometimes when you copy the URL over to this forum that sometimes there is saved a URL to the origination page set and sometimes there is none (like this time) and sometimes you just get linked to a page with the image but with no way one knowing what Flicker set they came from.

I know that I could post the picture here and do a separate cut-and-paste of the page URL to the Post but that seems like an unnecessary step.

I will endeavor to be more diligent in crediting image sources but I will retain my rebel-attitude as it suits the rebellious part of me that makes rebels like me rebel.

Now will follow some rebel images I found that sum up my feelings.

The Phantom Rebel
phanton_rebel.gif

Looser Rebel
3321504807_983497776a.jpg

Rebel Angels
rebel-angels.jpg

Seven (count 'em SEVEN !) Tesla Roadsters, four Toyota Rav4 EVs, one Corbin Sparrow, one Ford Ranger, one Prius converted to 100mpg+ plug-in. (Two of the Roadsters were Tesla Motors owned VPs, two Roadster Owners showed up a little late so they don't show in the two pix below (a white one and a Signature Green)).
Great Opening Party !

edit: I am sure someone else has more and better high-resolution JPGs to upload.

Attachments

• Woodland20090425_A.jpg
    Woodland20090425_A.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 133
  • Woodland20090425_B.jpg
    Woodland20090425_B.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Woodland20090425_C.jpg
    Woodland20090425_C.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 130
  • Woodland20090425_D.jpg
    Woodland20090425_D.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I do, but when I uploaded them (under File Management) it downsized them to less than 100kB. What am I not doing right ?
Ok... yeah you're not doing anything wrong. Our current upload system resizes the images perhaps too small. You might consider using a free photo hosting service like flickr and then embedding the images here. That's better for us in that it uses less bandwidth and flickr automatically gives you a choice of image sizes.

It would be better to have the images here where we "own" them. The transitory nature of other people's images and websites could loose us a lot of historic moments.

Actually pictures uploaded here have a worse history than ones on flickr.

If you look at a lot of really old threads here, the images that had been uploaded are missing. This site was relaunched a few times on different hosting providers, and it seems each time the uploaded images got dumped.

Actually pictures uploaded here have a worse history than ones on flickr.

If you look at a lot of really old threads here, the images that had been uploaded are missing. This site was relaunched a few times on different hosting providers, and it seems each time the uploaded images got dumped.

Right. Because we do not have a image-centric site. If we relied on (our own) images for content there would be a concerted effort to keep them in each subsequent swap-over. To date, their minor contribution did not warrant the extra work to salvage the lost images.

There were some uploaded images that I miss.
I think at one point local images had to be dumped due to the ISP shutting down the site due to monthly bandwidth run over. Images hosted by the site cost a lot more to provide then just some text with embedded links to images hosted elsewhere.