TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Posts do not show up

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by TheSUNYStudent, Jun 11, 2015.

1. TheSUNYStudent

I have a feeling I am getting rejected posts by a moderator. In the past 4 or 5 months I only made 2 replies and they haven't shown up. It was just a question or two for each and nothing controversial or against the forum rules. Is it a mistake or my own personal error?

2. DavidB

DavidB Aug 2013 S85

Just post some more.

Many forums don't trust the first couple of posts of a new user, as a way to avoid getting spammed. Once you have shown that your posts are valid, the software will trust you more.

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Looking at your posting history, it shows "1 to 4 of 4" so it looks like most of your posts are still around.

4. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

I have a similar problem. I tried to post a thread about a week ago but it has not appeared. I only have 1 prior post so it said the new post must be approved by a moderator. Not unexpected, but I've gotten no approval nor rejection. My initial post went through pretty quickly so I began to wonder if the forum had eaten the new one. After a day I tried messaging the mod of that forum just to see if it had made it into the system, but have received no response. I waited a couple more days and then sent an admin feedback message, but again there was no response. I don't know if my new thread was eaten by the forum, or if it's sitting in a queue somewhere waiting to be looked at. I would love to contribute but my efforts have been met with silence.

5. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Posts from new contributors that have external links are automatically put into moderation.