Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential 2017 Model S P100D Lease Deal - Need Input!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I currently reserved a 2017 showroom Model S P100D. Below are the details of the car and lease deal:

Blue exterior with white interior
Premium package with upgraded sound and heated seats
I chose to take off the Autopilot and the big rims as I don't care about either of these items.

The MSRP is 153k and it is price adjusted 44k where the after price adjusted car is 109k

The lease is for 36 months at 10k miles a year where I end up paying $840 a month and about 9k at signing which includes the 5k down payment, taxes and all the fees. I do not drive a lot which is why I went with a 10k option and I plan on deducting all of the lease to my business.

Is this a good deal? Would love to get your input!!

Depends on how you define a deal? Considering that it's a really expensive car, it's essentially a toy for most people that can afford it. I'd never put that much money down on a leased vehicle, but $10K may mean significantly less to you than it does to most. If it's really what you want, the monthly payment isn't bad at all for the model that you're looking at, but you do have to put down a hefty chunk of change. If you look at the deal overall, a P100D for $109K is a very good price (notice I didn't say "deal").

Reactions: P85Dave
Depends on how you define a deal? Considering that it's a really expensive car, it's essentially a toy for most people that can afford it. I'd never put that much money down on a leased vehicle, but $10K may mean significantly less to you than it does to most. If it's really what you want, the monthly payment isn't bad at all for the model that you're looking at, but you do have to put down a hefty chunk of change. If you look at the deal overall, a P100D for $109K is a very good price (notice I didn't say "deal").

Just realize that god forbid the car is totalled, you essentially lose everything you put down unless you buy out the lease and then collect from insurance and that might not even make sense based on depreciation. Whenever possible, when leasing, pay as close to $0 down as possible - especially if the lease is a business deduction.

Other than that, it is a decent price for a showroom P100D.

I'm curious, what is the residual that they are quoting you and is it a 2 year or 3 year lease?

Last edited: