Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential Destination Charger in Southern Victoria on Princess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Destination Charger Location Problem/Opportunity

Just finished a trip from Sydney to Melbourne to Ballarat to the Grampians in Western Vic. Great trip, 1500Km each way.

On return we came back through Melbourne via the Princess to Bairnsdale (great new charger at Riversleigh Hotel. For fun we also stopped for 15 min to top up a Gippsland Solar (110km/hr)

Our next stop was the problem, 350km+ to Bega show-grounds. No problem at the site, lots of 32 amp/3p plugs, the issue was distance from the last stop.

What is needed is a "Gippsland Solar" like HPWC near either Cann River or Orbost, for a 15min top up. I called Tesla and there is no work currently on this topic, but they did encourage us to find a locale.

Anyone on our blog have a connection at either place??? Would be nice to get this fixed

Cann River would be ideal as it would allow travel either to Cooma and beyond or up the coast to Bega etc.

I travelled Cooma to Moe yesterday but always forget to look around for 3ph connections, if I had a Tesla I'd be looking!

I think somewhere like a bakery would be ideal for a charger, I presume they have 3ph for their ovens which
would usually be turned off by opening time so the 3ph would be idle when most owners would want to charge
and have a bite to eat while they wait.
Maybe we need a some flyers to drop off and prospective business' or councils to get the network growing.