Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential Model X owners?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all

Sorry if there has been a thread for this but I am curious to know how many people have put in a reservation for Model X in HK...especially in light of the absence of the 2 rear-facing seats in Model S for HK. Now the possibility of having the 5+2 option for Model S in HK has been dashed, I'm setting my sights on getting the Model X so am keen to hear of any views/opinions/even gossip on Model X in HK. Any criticisms regarding owning Model X in HK (provided it is constructive criticism!=P) is welcome as well, ie. falcon doors in most HK private apartment parking lots might be a tad tight.

Am also keen to know how charging for those living in apartment buildings fare since I assume Model X will require even more charging.

Thanks in advance! Hope Model X will arrive soon enough to ensure it meets the FRT exemption for the next 3 years!=)

Jess

Please post your reservation queue numbers here:

Model X Tally

Currently, there is only one data point P11 but that is from a long time ago.

A couple notes about Model X... the Falcon doors were designed to allow better access in tight spaces, compared to conventional doors. Also, Model X is supposed to use the same battery sizes as Model S, and Elon/JB have said that the efficiency of MX, even with AWD, is close to MS. There really should not be too much extra charging needed.

Please post your reservation queue numbers here:

Model X Tally

Currently, there is only one data point P11 but that is from a long time ago.

A couple notes about Model X... the Falcon doors were designed to allow better access in tight spaces, compared to conventional doors. Also, Model X is supposed to use the same battery sizes as Model S, and Elon/JB have said that the efficiency of MX, even with AWD, is close to MS. There really should not be too much extra charging needed.

I really like to order one however I'm concern about the doors.

I agreed the Falcon doors were designed for tight space, but that applies to the side, not the top.

It seems no figures showing the max height it'll reach. Average indoor parking lot height is only 1.85m (Just over 6ft) in Hong Kong. :crying:

I really like to order one however I'm concern about the doors.

I agreed the Falcon doors were designed for tight space, but that applies to the side, not the top.

It seems no figures showing the max height it'll reach. Average indoor parking lot height is only 1.85m (Just over 6ft) in Hong Kong. :crying:

LOL I'm around 1.85m but can't recall I'ce ever banged my head. Probably more than that, something like 2m I'd guess...

Thanks for feedback so far. I too am concerned with the falcon doors since space is so tight here in HK (vertically and horizontally) so would love to see it in action before taking any next steps. So am closely following any new reveals=)

on a side note, went to check out the Model S today and so swoon-worthy! Sigh....

Thanks for feedback so far. I too am concerned with the falcon doors since space is so tight here in HK (vertically and horizontally) so would love to see it in action before taking any next steps. So am closely following any new reveals=)

on a side note, went to check out the Model S today and so swoon-worthy! Sigh....

I suggest you read up on the laws related to SUV with Falcon wings to see if there are any they will go against Model X in Hong Kong. It is something very new for the Hong Kong market and as usual, anything not mentioned in the regulations is considered as a no.

I'm not concerned about width (it should be less than Model S, with doors opening), but height... I would never buy another car in Hong Kong > 1.8m tall.

I am also thinking about the Model S in a few years time. By then, my roadster will be 5 to 6 years old, and I'm not getting any younger.