Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

potential new owner with questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks hcsharp and Habious for your comments about room. If I see an opportunity somewhere in my area I'll try to "test fit" one.

shrink, appreciate your comments about A/C as well. San Antonio doesn't generally see 110's but 100's are not unusual.

Thanks hcsharp and Habious for your comments about room. If I see an opportunity somewhere in my area I'll try to "test fit" one.

shrink, appreciate your comments about A/C as well. San Antonio doesn't generally see 110's but 100's are not unusual.
If you feel like making a trip to Austin, up the road with the highest speed limit in the nation, you're welcome to test fit in my 1.5.

If I see an opportunity somewhere in my area I'll try to "test fit" one.

That's exactly what I did.

I waited until one came up for sale in my area, and then set up a test drive. Considering my "stature", I was concerned that I literally wouldn't fit in it. I once rode in a Lotus Esprit Turbo, back in the 90's. The owner was a friend of mine. If he'd handed me the keys and said "It's yours, you can have it", I wouldn't have been able to drive it home! I didn't fit as a PASSENGER...let alone with 3 pedals under my feet and a steering wheel in the way.

Had the same problem with the Acura NSX. It was my dream car...until I got behind the wheel of one.

I didn't mind the idea of buying a plane ticket to fly somewhere to test drive a Roadster, but I'd have felt really stupid if I flew somewhere to look at and discovered that I didn't fit in the damn thing. So, I thought a local "test fit" was a necessity. I had to know if I could seriously consider getting one...before I could seriously consider getting one.

I'm just going to piggyback onto this since I'm also starting to consider looking for a Roadster.
I've searched on here and on Google and can't find much info about interior space and comfort. I get that it's a bit awkward to get in and out. But once you're in, how much space is there? I'm right about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds.

I'm just about those same dimensions, with more of my length in the legs than torso. I drive the Roadster daily.

My own dominant impression of the car is that the seats (2.5 Sport if that makes a difference) are some of the nicest seats in any context I've sat in. Excellent lumbar support. My wife and I joke now and then that we should find an extra set of Roadster seats and weld some legs on them, as new chairs for the house.

With 2 people in the car, you'll notice that the seats are closer to the centerline than most cars. Two people in the car sit close enough together that shoulders are touching, or close to it, and seat belts are fastened close enough together that it's an I-go / you-go sort of thing :)

So quite comfortable, but without much of anything that you'd confuse as "extra space".

Can't acknowledge this for my Roadster. They're still sitting where they should be, nice and firm (all be it utterly useless for 98% of the time)
I find the Roadster visors to be useful occasionally so I did not remove them. They don't get in my way in the "up" position.

I am almost 6'2" and 190. Leg length about average for height. Getting in and out with the top on requires some flexibility and I suppose some people aren't comfortable doing it.