TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Potential New Skin, Please Give Me Some Feedback

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by danny, Aug 11, 2007.

1. danny

danny Administrator

http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=64

My plan would be to replace the orange font with a red similar to the tesla prototype and perhaps make some of the boxes/forum surroundings with some red stripes similar to the old site. Then I would add a header with a dead on picture of the roadster up close where in the front intake I would put the name of the club there. If you have any suggestions let me know and if you know of a picture I could use for this please let me know. I would like to use a different name other then Electric performance, home of tesla motors club. If you have any suggestions also let me know. I have also thought about just making the site strictly tesla motors club and dropping the electric performance part. Let me know what you think of that notion. That would mean no more electric performance at least for the next while.
    Thanks
    dsacks6

2. danny

danny Administrator

TEG just pointed out to me that the red or orange font would be harder to read. I think hes right, after looking at it is seemed to bright so I may drop that idea. Although I think if i get a deep enough red it may be ok.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yes, if it was nearly black with just a hint of red then it could be OK.

I still prefer black, green or blue text...

4. danny

danny Administrator

Reason why i"m keen on red is because tesla colors tend to be silver black and red.

5. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

I have this preference of black backgrounds and light text.
    Is it possible to create a demo page? It would be easier to judge.

6. danny

danny Administrator

I never actually considdered black background because they tend to look funny on bulletin boards. But i'll look into it.

7. DDB

DDB Member

Glad you haven't looked at a black background

The Tesla site is difficult to read (for me anyhow) because of the black background. This is much easier on the eyes.