Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential Owner with questions....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding or modifying equipment to car will not void the warranty, unless that modification or addition can be shown to have caused the damage that you are attempting to claim is a warranty problem, per US Federal law. But, if you modify the suspension, it is possible that Tesla might be able to claim that that change may have caused a seemingly unrelated problem, so modify at your own risk.

For example, if I install one of the power frunk lift systems, and a few weeks later there's an issue with the 12V electrical system, Tesla may point to that as a possible cause to void warranty coverage of that component of the car. But if I swap out the suspension and later find a stress fracture in the moonroof, that would be a less clearcut case for them to make.

Thanks. Luckily, without freezing temps, the roads are “passable” around here. Less so in San Francisco because they never fix them. I will definitely set tires to 40lb, but am not sure if that will set off TPMS. It can get cold here in the winter - to upper 30’s during the night. No heat in garage. So I wonder.

I’ve read the TPMS set point can be redefined so it doesn’t nag. I have not tried it.

I don't have much choice, as it depends on situations out of my control. If things (at home) look worse, I will forfeit the car and not pick it up. But Tesla made it clear that I could easily wait a long while for another vehicle if I canceled this one. So I've decided that I will play it by ear until Tuesday - and cancel if things don't look good.

I think it will work out if I am able to pick it up. I'll have to charge by 110v (and EvGo at Whole Foods) until I can get an electrician in (not easy to get around here!). I'd definitely like to take delivery in the Fall (now) than in the Winter when it is wet around here.

I guess Tesla is not making this easy as they won't hold onto it for even an extra day. Actually that is souring me about the car - but I'll get the car if I can. Thanks.

MPP = Mountain Pass Performance. Seems popular amongst TMC members, and relatively affordable. Although their site only lists Comfort Suspension on RWD models, they indicated over email that it's possible to mix-and-match.
We can certainly arrange to have the soft springs paired with the Sports Dampers. You will need to lower the car at least an inch though, as we need to allow the suspension to have enough droop to work properly.