Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential PR nightmare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Norway, have EU Model X Signature and Production reservation, attended when Elon and Strobe was In Oslo. (Friend with S reservation got invite and I was his +1.
This time invite recived, in the first group.

I am quite impulsive, have time of from work, (bad combination) so got airplain tickets to LAX and Hotel Rom booked, before I realised what I had done.
Hope Thursday is worth 26 hours airplain flight. (Roundtrip)
It is direct flights from Amsterdam, London, Stockholm..... and quite cheep compared to the price for the car. (I travel from Oslo thought Stockholm)

Wow, that`s commitment! Mind you they never promised they will reveal the X here, so you may be flying out for "nothing".

I only went as far as taking Friday off from work so I can stay up late/wake up early to look for some live stream or real-time updates on the event over here. I am not a reservation holder, though...

Wow, that`s commitment! Mind you they never promised they will reveal the X here, so you may be flying out for "nothing".

I only went as far as taking Friday off from work so I can stay up late/wake up early to look for some live stream or real-time updates on the event over here. I am not a reservation holder, though...

Think it is more signs of craziness then commitment. :crying:

Would not the first time I went to a auto event to look for my X. :rolleyes:
Managed to get my wife with me to Geneva auto show this spring (hoped Tesla wold show the Prototype Model X), had a wonderful time with my wife, spite of that I could not spot my X anywhere.

This time my wife ditched me, (something about to many hours in a airplain), so I keep my finger crossed that I can get a glance of my X.
I look at the flight time as more hours to relax in a busy weekday.

(I can't even tell my friends that I traveling around the world and hope to get a glance of my X.) :scared:

Think it is more signs of craziness then commitment. :crying:

Would not the first time I went to a auto event to look for my X. :rolleyes:
Managed to get my wife with me to Geneva auto show this spring (hoped Tesla wold show the Prototype Model X), had a wonderful time with my wife, spite of that I could not spot my X anywhere.

This time my wife ditched me, (something about to many hours in a airplain), so I keep my finger crossed that I can get a glance of my X.
I look at the flight time as more hours to relax in a busy weekday.

(I can't even tell my friends that I traveling around the world and hope to get a glance of my X.) :scared:
It's OK Sigurdi. This is a safe place, you are among friends here! Besides, the first step of recovery is admitting you have a problem... :tongue:

I agree, the first step is admitting a problem-but so far I don't see one! I also pushed for a guest spot, traded two days of call, bought plane tickets and reserved hotel room in the hope of an 'X' announcement!

We own a Model S and have a reservation for an X. Neither of them Signature.

I think there is an algorithm that only makes sense to Tesla corporate (maybe with some service center input?). When I got my reservation, I tried to clear my schedule; but when I couldn't, I immediately RSVP'd that I couldn't go to free up those spots for others whom TM decided were appropriate for this event.

The venue can't fit ALL TLSA stock holders, Roadster owners, MS owners, MX reservation owners, media, and "future MIII owners" who want to attend an event like this. TM had to pick and choose whom to invite.

There seems to be a lot of people with X reservations (both signature and not) who got invites. Other than that? Shrug. Once the revelation(s) are done, I think it will make more sense why TM invited whom it did.

I agree, the first step is admitting a problem-but so far I don't see one! I also pushed for a guest spot, traded two days of call, bought plane tickets and reserved hotel room in the hope of an 'X' announcement!

I have a sneaking feeling you won't be disappointed.