Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential Purchase: Used Model X, Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a model 3 and really like it. Now we are considering buying a Tesla for my wife. I found a used Model X nearby that seems interesting. It is a 2017 100D, with 35K on it. Overall seems clean, carfax shows 1 owner. I have not driven it yet.

It is black with white interior, captains chairs in the middle row. Is there a place to easily get a build sheet on it so I can see what the options are?

Questions:
1) To confirm it has FSD do I just look at the autopilot screen? I did and it shows Autosteer (Beta), NoA, Summon. Does this mean it has FSD or not?

2) I'm new to Tesla so I don't know how to really check them over. What should I look for in terms of overall powertrain / battery health?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

What pricing would be fair on this?

I recently bought a model 3 and really like it. Now we are considering buying a Tesla for my wife. I found a used Model X nearby that seems interesting. It is a 2017 100D, with 35K on it. Overall seems clean, carfax shows 1 owner. I have not driven it yet.

It is black with white interior, captains chairs in the middle row. Is there a place to easily get a build sheet on it so I can see what the options are?

Questions:
1) To confirm it has FSD do I just look at the autopilot screen? I did and it shows Autosteer (Beta), NoA, Summon. Does this mean it has FSD or not?

2) I'm new to Tesla so I don't know how to really check them over. What should I look for in terms of overall powertrain / battery health?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

What pricing would be fair on this?

If you have the VIN, and it was ever listed on Tesla's site (whether New or Used), try using the decoder:
https://www.ev-cpo.com/lookup
(it may not be there, though, but, if it is, you'll get the details)

In terms of FSD, it's also possible it has EAP... EAP and FSD are pretty much the same in terms of features right now, however, FSD will continue getting newer features, while EAP won't. You can't really tell if it's FSD or EAP, you'd have to check with Tesla or the previous Owner.

If this is at a dealership, then, if they've taken ownership with Tesla, then, they can tell you in their account. If they haven't, and it's still in the previous owner's account, then, you need to have the dealership reach out to them.

In terms of pricing - that's a tough call.. You can use the various sites out there to consolidate pricing:
https://www.ev-cpo.com/hunter/index.php
TeslaCPO.io - Search Tesla's Vehicle Inventory
Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car
Tesla US New CPO and Used cars including MS MX and Model 3

And compare there...

Reactions: Bloomj